Interesting RPG

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Interesting RPG

Post by Rune_74 »

I'm not sure how to catagorize this game I found but I think it fits nicely with the single player solo adventures its a text based game, you make a character and then go on adventures seems ok after about 15 minutes will have to take some more looking at.

Also, if you guys use facebook check out d&D tiny adventures....kinda interesting little time diversion...

Ever your finder of weird and niche items,

Rune
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Re: Interesting RPG

Post by llew silverhand »

I'm 8th generation on Tiny Adventures :) Don't use a Sword Mage - they suck...a lot.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

You know what? I totally forgot to add the url for the game I found...

http://www.sryth.com
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Oh yeah, I've tried that one too - stopped playing for some reason - not really sure why :D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote:You know what? I totally forgot to add the url for the game I found...

Anyone know how much the 'premium' account costs? I couldn't find the amount anywhere and I hate applying for something I don't know what the cost is!

It does look interesting. Can you reroll the stats for your new character more than once?
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Thanks for posting the recommendations. I checked out Sryth, and am on my way to Tiny Adventures.

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Dragonlady wrote:
Rune_74 wrote:You know what? I totally forgot to add the url for the game I found...

Anyone know how much the 'premium' account costs? I couldn't find the amount anywhere and I hate applying for something I don't know what the cost is!

It does look interesting. Can you reroll the stats for your new character more than once?
I do I do....heh I applied fopr it....you can play the game without but I'm hooked...

it was 19.99 for a year.....which is penuts if you think about it.

I will get my monies worth.

yes you can reroll I think....and if you get a premium account I think its 4 characters you are allowed....one thing is remember to save at safe spots cuz I have died...alot. Definatley can be unforgiving but it really grabs you.

here is a sample from an encounter....its really cool.

You move closer to the ancient dhormu and note, with great sadness, that the mighty forest creature has suffered several severe wounds during its battle with the sticklegs.

The dhormu grunts as it slowly opens one of its eyes and attempts to focus the round black orb on you.

"Thank you, dear friend," rumbles the low voice of the living tree. "I, Toribikk, lord of this wood, humbly...thank...you..."

Although you can sense that the dhormu is very weak, you are amazed to see that many of the gashes and gouges that mar his rugged exterior have already begun to mend themselves.

"Step closer," grumbles the dhormu, as one of his eyes again creeps open. "Step closer to me, human..."

And just for note....there was combat but I used my skills to avoid any fighting.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

That's kewl! Thanks for the quick reply. I've decided to spread a little $ to help the economy. :)

Have't made a character yet. I was thinking putting points into archery, woodland but don't know what else. I looked at the so called wiki site and no bows and arrows in the weapons section. Do you have to keep buying arrows? I'd hate to pick that and die from a backstab! :) Only 4 skills to pick at start up...which one to get, which one????

I'll let you know how I do. Being elderly it means the brain cells function slower. :lol:
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Being a father of 3 makes it hard to concentrate here:)

I took woodland (it seems to help with random encounters and you get some really cool ones), meleee weapons, horseback riding and diplomacy(the later two I have yet to use.)

I do not have any magic since my stats did not allow it...I took the first rolls I got. I'm having a blast. By joining up as a member you get afew bonus's and they give you the ability to upgrade your guy a bit(I kinda felt like I was cheating, luckily the game is still difficult)

I have no idea how to use a potion in combat so far. I did use my woodland skill in that encounter above...I got close to a 1000 xp in total after all said and done. That was a random encounter while going through the woods.

Now tell me does it not feel like a solo d&d game....or tunnels and trolls?

hey just somethin more interesting...you get these hyperlinks in some of the discriptions which give you more detail....like this:

Palo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palo is a common, popular hot drink throughout Northern Sryth .

It is derived from the bark of the palo tree (a medium-sized dark-skinned hardwood). The bark is boiled in water, and the resulting drink is dark, bold, and energizing.

The palo tree renews its bark annually. The bark is also a food that is prized by horntails .

If you can imagine the flavour of strong, black coffee, with a hint of roasted nuts, you will have captured the essence of palo.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Thanks, I've signed in as "Sapphyre" :) Haven' made my character yet, lost track of time and then there was dinner, feed the cats..... :D
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Hey dragonlady rteally interested in hearing about some of your adventures...I found this cool thing with 7 knights that gave me a magic sword....after long battles.

This game is awesome. Especailly when you see how they do dungeons.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote:Hey dragonlady rteally interested in hearing about some of your adventures...I found this cool thing with 7 knights that gave me a magic sword....after long battles.

Just started out today in the first village, haven't finished there yet. I have a lot of extra expts, should I train up in the 4 skills I have or save them for later? And I'm annoyed I picked archery, got a bow but can't use it. Guess I need to find somewhere that sells arrows. Grrr.

Won the drinking contest. Got a magic dagger with a gem in it. Don't know how valuable or needed it is yet. :)
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Dragonlady wrote:
Rune_74 wrote:Hey dragonlady rteally interested in hearing about some of your adventures...I found this cool thing with 7 knights that gave me a magic sword....after long battles.

Just started out today in the first village, haven't finished there yet. I have a lot of extra expts, should I train up in the 4 skills I have or save them for later? And I'm annoyed I picked archery, got a bow but can't use it. Guess I need to find somewhere that sells arrows. Grrr.

Won the drinking contest. Got a magic dagger with a gem in it. Don't know how valuable or needed it is yet. :)
Its funny I won thats ame thing and got a magic ring.

As for using the points, I did. Now I'm in a large town and have not enough experience to get a specailized attack skill. I did however steal alot of gold from a dragon while he was "out"
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

I signed up again - created a character called Llew. Dunno if you can find friends via username or anything.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

llew silverhand wrote:I signed up again - created a character called Llew. Dunno if you can find friends via username or anything.

I don't think you can when your going 'solo' and not be a 'paid' member. I do recall reading something somewhere - probably the so called wiki thing - that if your a paid member they have contests sometimes and you can get together. Don't know. I'm going to have to visit their forum in the next few days and see what they have to say. Right now, just learning the ropes as it were. :)