Adventure editors?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Adventure editors?

Post by Rush »

Other then Jeff's (Spiderweb Games) Avernum series, what other computer games, new and old alike, can you (anyone) think of which include the ability to create user-made adventures? In the long, long ago, I created a World of my own by way of Blades of Avernum, but lacking any programming skill, I could not include any quests.

Thanks---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Adventure editors?

Post by dare49devil »

-Does this apply to RPG only? I know many FPS games that release the SDK for the modding community to get to work.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Thanks for posting, dare49devil. I guess at the time I was going for full genre, or at the very least, partial genre RPGs, although I can not see any problem with you, or anyone else, listing other genres here which contain some type of built in editor designed for player use.

---Rush.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Some games I know with a good editor:
* Age of Wonders series
* Heroes of Might and Magic series
* Neverwinter Nights series

Only Neverwinter Nights is the real Role Playing Game of these three, but the others also allow for story writing. The Age of Wonders and Heroes of Might and Magic games came with great editors, and you don't need to know anything about programming to use them. If you do get stuck, there are fan made tutorials to help you out for each of these games, just look for those in the forums for that game.
Heroes of Might and Magic III is probably the best and most popular game of that series and for Age of Wonders I would recommend Shadow Magic.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

KillingMoon wrote:Some games I know with a good editor:
* Age of Wonders series
* Heroes of Might and Magic series
* Neverwinter Nights series
Very cool, KillingMoon. Thank you very much for posting. I have been looking these games over upon the web, trying to decide which to try first, lol, and where to download them.

In passing, I almost decided to go back to the Blades of Avernum editor, but, being singled out almost everywhere these days, as being very out of date, who would be around to play it should I create a decent enough game/scenario?

---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Just wanted to add:

Other suggestions are, and will remain, always welcome.

---Rush.