Ditto on Sis's bosom
Anyhow, having gone through the game (only once, since saving/quicksave and loading/quickload were disabled
), here's my quick assessment:
+ The minimap! Gorgeous. Extraordinarily well-designed & well-integrated.
- When you move the camera up into isometric view (no overhead, if I remember correctly), it always reverts to behind-view when you move. A variation on what Sird was saying.
- The whole superhuman leap-into-battle thing? Eh... no. Please, no.
- The cartoony pause-after-every goddamn-lightning-quick-swing styling? Are our characters robots? Hell... this is annoying.
- I'm not so sure I'm down with the whole cutting-people-in-half-thing. If there's such a thing as 'too much persistent gore', I think maybe this qualifies. I know there've been fans wanting more decapitations, and I think someone made a mod to increase the number of decapitations . . . perhaps Bioware has been listening to them?
- Too much action. Too much fighting, no atmosphere, no interaction with anyone/anything, no perceivable story except "Let's get out of here!" and "The order dictates!"/"You leave my sister alone!" (And how quickly Unreasonable Templar dies without our getting a chance to do the honors... sigh... .)
- All this 1v500 superhuman hack&slash, through hordes and hordes of darkspawn, SWISH! SWISH! SWISH! -LEAP! -JUMP! SWISH! SWISH! -LEAP! -JUMP! SWISH! SWISH! SWISH! SWISH! SWISH! is really, really, really boring.
- It's boring.
Honestly... I really, really hope that this is just a combat demo. If the whole game turns out to be Bioware's answer to Diablo... I won't bother buying it.
...All that said, I was thinking of going back into it last night... decided I really didn't want to. Does that say it all?