If I really like Fallout 3 and Eschalon 2..try Fallout 2?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
kelticpete
Council Member

If I really like Fallout 3 and Eschalon 2..try Fallout 2?

Post by kelticpete »

I really really loved Fallout 3. 50 bucks, (well at first) that led to 100 plus hours. lots of replay.

I just finished ES 2, second time, did 8 challenges. ready for something else.

gog has fallout 2 for cheap. does it hold up over time? it came out over a decade ago.

I also liked arcanum. but not to replay, once through was enough.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
niek
Initiate

Re: If I really like Fallout 3 and Eschalon 2..try Fallout 2

Post by niek »

Have to admit I only played Fallout 2 when it came out, but I'd say definitely!

I remember it being quite long, with a big world, and lots of room for character development. Also many sidequests and a good main storyline.

The only really flaw I could detect was that the game was quite buggy when I played it. One particularly annoying bug prevented me from communicating with one particular teammember causing me to be stuck until he died. But I suspect they'd have made fixes for that in the meantime.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Fallout 2 is way, way better than Fallout 3.

Except for all the bugs, yeah. There's a patch somewhere that's pretty much required to play.

If you've never played the original Fallout, it's pretty awesome, too. In fact, it's my favorite of the entire series. (And that's not nostalgia talking, I only played the first two Fallout games for the first time fairly recently--a couple of years ago).
iamrichard
Steward

Post by iamrichard »

For me fallout 2 is the best game ever made. Ive played games for 19years now so its gotta count for something :)
Fallout 2 is more complex and alot bigger then EB2. Fallout 3 however is not remotely as good as fallout 2!.

Just hang in there the first hour, fallout2 needs to grow on you. For me its the ultimate gameplay, TBased and a great storyline.
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

For Fallout 2, be sure to visit the No Mutants Allowed site for the "restoration patch". It has all the content left out of the original release and all the bug fixes.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"