Aztaka

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
dundonalddub
Senior Steward

Aztaka

Post by dundonalddub »

Has anyone tried Aztaka? I downloaded the demo and got stuck pretty quickly behind a tree and rock.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Aztaka

Post by Iane »

Yep purchased it some time ago - got the very limited dvd version
with soundtrack & artbook.
Are you stuck in playing the game or stuck in the gfx ?
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Can I do other things besides get stuck between a tree and rock? Are there at least different varieties of rocks and trees to get stuck between?

Now I have to check it out, out of curiosity.

Imagine a CRPG just based on getting stuck between a tree and a rock?

Goddamn it! Buzz Saw: This is the game we've gotta make!

I'm serious, man. We'll call it... we'll call it "Rock and Tree: The Stuck Between".

Damn, this game is gonna kill!

(Only joking, Dub...) :)

(But I do think it would be a cool game for an idea... I mean a cool idea for a game.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Sounds a bit like Silent Hill: The Room. 0_o
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Curses, a scroller game! Gah! Get away from me! :)

(I admit, though... it's sort of pretty for such an old-schooler-than-old-school game... and: I, myself, got stumped on the burning stump. Maybe it's just that I haven't figured out the green blobs of essence, yet.)

...I mean, they can't heal you, which I figure is what green blobs of essence, in games like this, are generally supposed to do... and I can't drag them into storage, either... can't make them follow me like puppies, or anything... don't know what to do with them. They can' the heal a burning tree, either, seems they can only grow branches where there are only holes.
Odd.

Of all the odd things I've heard about the Aztecs... never was aware that they were such strong environmentalists.

(By the way: As a means of telling the game just what I thought of its burning stump: I catapulted this guy right on top of the burning stump, where of course he burned to death.)

(I know the Aztecs prefer death by live evisceration of beating heart... in particular the beating hearts of fair virgins raised from birth only for the privilege of being sacrificed in such a brutal but splendid, glorious and sacred manner... a great honor not every female child is lucky enough be afforded.)

(...Or was that latter part the Mayans, not the Aztecs? -- about the preparation of the virgin suicide squad, who were taught for nearly their whole life to walk just so, and act and pose just so, and exhibit the absolute highest standard of awe-inspiring female beauty... just before that very beauty -- along with the human being who bears it -- is destroyed?)

(...Or then again, for all I know, it could be just a story.)

(And, no, I don't feel like checking Wiki, at the moment.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.