Whoever wants a new Escape Velocity say "Aye"

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Drizzt_79
Initiate

Whoever wants a new Escape Velocity say "Aye"

Post by Drizzt_79 »

See subject.

Seriously though, someone should petition Ambrosia to create a new EV with updated graphics/features while keeping the core gameplay. Who's with me?!?!?
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Re: Whoever wants a new Escape Velocity say "Aye"

Post by Farwalker »

Hand goes up - way up!
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

Aye AYE A thousand times Aye.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I would very much love for Ambrosia to continue on with the Escape Velocity series (heck! I'd like for them to either update, or do a sequel to, Cythera as well!). But I get the impression that it probably won't happen (in fact, I'm pretty sure the guy who developed the series is no longer with Ambrosia...).
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

AYE!!!
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Drizzt_79
Initiate

Post by Drizzt_79 »

IJBall wrote:I would very much love for Ambrosia to continue on with the Escape Velocity series (heck! I'd like for them to either update, or do a sequel to, Cythera as well!). But I get the impression that it probably won't happen (in fact, I'm pretty sure the guy who developed the series is no longer with Ambrosia...).

Awwwwwwwwww boo! Well, it was worth a shot. Do you know the name of the developer? Maybe we could petition him?! :)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Drizzt_79 wrote:
IJBall wrote:I would very much love for Ambrosia to continue on with the Escape Velocity series (heck! I'd like for them to either update, or do a sequel to, Cythera as well!). But I get the impression that it probably won't happen (in fact, I'm pretty sure the guy who developed the series is no longer with Ambrosia...).
Awwwwwwwwww boo! Well, it was worth a shot. Do you know the name of the developer? Maybe we could petition him?! :)
Several people worked on the two later Escape Velocity games, but Matt Burch was the main guy behind the entire series. His Wiki entry says that he doesn't do video game design/programming anymore.

And, without him, I doubt Ambrosia has the resources to put out another EV game... :(