Nintendo DS:

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Nintendo DS:

Post by Rush »

To any and all: I am thinking of picking up the DS.

Question: How many, if any, rpgs have you played upon the handheld DS? Please name them, and too, say whether or not you would reccomend them. Talk about them here if you like, as well. Also, please name any which you have not played yet, but are intending to.

Question: I heard that the DS features one or more Dragon Warrior, or, Dragon Quest titles. Does anyone know whether or not these are in English?

Question: Does anyone know whether or not any of the Warsong, or, Langrisser titles made it to the DS? If so, are they in English?

Thanks for your time...

Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Nintendo DS:

Post by sirdilznik »

I don't know much about the DS and its titles but I know for a fact that Dragon Quest 9 is on DS and in English (not to mention it got good reviews. Personally I'm waiting until March next year and will scoop up the 3DS myself.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Played Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV, V, all in English, all good stuff.

Note: Final Fantasy 1,2, and 4 were GBA titles. Anything newer than a DS Lite won't play 'em.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

CrazyBernie wrote:Played Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV, V, all in English, all good stuff.

Note: Final Fantasy 1,2, and 4 were GBA titles. Anything newer than a DS Lite won't play 'em.
Damn, so the DSi machines no longer have the GBA backwards compatibility, eh? Looking at the specs the 3DS is supposed to have a virtual console store with Game Boy and Game Boy Advanced games, so there is another reason for me to wait until March for the 3DS. First priority after getting the 3DS will be the Ocarina of Time 3DS remake, the new Professor Layton 3DS title (and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney if they wind up releasing that outside of Japan [frankly if that game doesn't get an international release it will be a crime against humanity]) then probably Kid Icarus Uprising. After that I'll hit up some DS(i) titles like Dragon Quest 9. *sigh* That's a lot of money to spend but I've never been as juiced for any machine as the 3DS so hopefully the tax return will be generous enough to cover my needs.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Honestly, I'm more interested in the DSi XL than the 3DS... Nintendo has had a less than stellar history with "3D." But a 4.2" screen sporting the same resolution as the regular DSi = A screen requiring less squinting. I'm not really looking at getting back into the DS scene any time soon though, so I guess I can wait to see the 3DS in action.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

CrazyBernie wrote:Honestly, I'm more interested in the DSi XL than the 3DS... Nintendo has had a less than stellar history with "3D." But a 4.2" screen sporting the same resolution as the regular DSi = A screen requiring less squinting. I'm not really looking at getting back into the DS scene any time soon though, so I guess I can wait to see the 3DS in action.
Are you perhaps referring to the Virtual Boy? :lol:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Guilty as charged. 0_o

Of course, that can also extend to 3D (but not "3D") gaming in general. Nintendo has always been behind on the hardware front... they've just been able to make up for it with excellent gameplay. Once the paychecks start rolling in, I'm planning on picking up Metroid: Other M, which actually does pretty well on both fronts, although the controls are a bit awkward (technically proving my point again).
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Cool input.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...