Sanitarium

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Sanitarium

Post by Evnissyen »

...Anybody played it? What do you think?

I've just played the demo... not a very substantive demo, but the game doesn't look bad at all. A little silliness with the "What's the TRUTH? Find out the TRUTH! I am a long-slumbering ANGEL" thing, but... yeah, still interesting.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Sanitarium

Post by Evnissyen »

What's this? You all mean to tell me nobody's played this game?

...Sigh... .

...So alone.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
dot_sent
Initiate

Post by dot_sent »

Evnissyen wrote:What's this? You all mean to tell me nobody's played this game?

...Sigh... .

...So alone.
I have played it couple of years ago. Pretty decent game, especially atmosphere. I believe I haven't finished it, though - got stuck somewhere in the middle and didn't have enough patience to pass through.

Also I was playing localized (Russian, yes :)) version, so at least sound was different. I've read that localized sound added much to atmosphere of "mental hospital".
GameFace
Initiate

Post by GameFace »

I played it soon after it was published, had a lot of fun with it then. The creepiness of the plot makes up for any weak aspects it might have. I have seen it on sale on gog.com recently.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

"What horrible living conditions!"
"This bed is filthy!"
"Oh my GOD!!!"

One thing you've gotta admit: The protagonist really, really doesn't want to be in this game.
dot_sent
Initiate

Post by dot_sent »

Evnissyen wrote:"What horrible living conditions!"
"This bed is filthy!"
"Oh my GOD!!!"

One thing you've gotta admit: The protagonist really, really doesn't want to be in this game.
Well, actually I don't want either :mrgreen:
RevGalen
Pledge

Post by RevGalen »

This isn't an RPG. It's an adventure game.
WorBlux
Apprentice

Post by WorBlux »

I don't know. I've played it, but didn't get a strong impression either way.

Of the three cd's It came on I got somewhere to the middle of the second.

There's a lot of context switching which is what makes the game a bit annoying, but on the other hand makes you want to keep playing. I think it's a decent adventure game, but not something that is a must play.