Medieval Sims

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Medieval Sims

Post by Dragonlady »

Came across this game the other day. It looks sooo cool, even though I generally am not 'into' Sims games.

Go to this link on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Medieval"

Among other things in the wiki article it says:
the game's senior producer, Rachel Bernstein stated that the game will be more dangerous for Sims, with death and failure a possibility during the game's quests. Listed dangers included low focus on quests, plague, peasant revolts, wildlife, poisons, duels, and more[4].
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Arkos
Council Member

Re: Medieval Sims

Post by Arkos »

I was interested in it at first, but then I learned it was not generational. You can have kids, but they never grow up (like in the Sims 1). I loved the idea of having a dynasty, with the kingdom passed down through generations, but looks like that's not the case here.

Also, you can't design buildings (only their interiors). There are other 'traditional' Sim elements that have been removed, as well. They may be added later on in expansion packs or in DLC, I don't know. But for the moment, the vanilla game seems kind of...what's the word the industry loves to use? Oh, yeah. "Streamlined."
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I wouldn't know. The last time I did a 'Sim' was on my Amiga and kept a little dog alive and happy. :lol:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Just thought I'd let everyone know I've been trying to learn how to play this game. It looks so cool but there is a heck of a lot of stuff to learn that is NOT in the manuel and you have to learn in the game. I keep trying and get a little bit furthur into the game each day but I get over whelmed and have to stop before my brain frys :D When and IF I get as far as playing I'll let you know more how it goes. Right now I'm not sure I can continue on. It is soooo not like turn-based games! :)

I think if anyone already likes Sims and plays them often, they will love this game.

The forums are not much help at this point. :(
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Arkos wrote:I was interested in it at first, but then I learned it was not generational.
I like the "generational" thingy as well, although the last game I played which featured this aspect was Phantasy Star III...way back in the day.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Your welcome. I haven't had much chance to play it. Got too sick for several months and have Avadon to try and get into too. I've had to watch how long I play games these days as it seems, for some reason I can't figure out, raises my blood pressure too high. :( No more carefree days of playing till the wee hours of the night. :evil: :roll: