Age oF Decadence interview

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Age oF Decadence interview

Post by Rune_74 »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I did an interview with Vince Dweller for rpgwatch on Age Of decadence.

Check it out if interested.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?ar ... ref=0&id=2
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Re: Age oF Decadence interview

Post by llew silverhand »

very cool Rune! I'll be reading this on my break tonight!
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I have been talking about getting more serious in doing interviews and such with different devs, been a bit lazy. I have also had about a half dozen rpg ideas that I never seem to start bah, I need Thomas's patience.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

This game has been in development for so long that I'm afraid to hope it is nearing a true release date. Do you think it's for real?
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Well I do know he is working on a playable demo(not a combat demo) so I would assume they see a light at the end of the tunnel?

I have no idea the release date, but they have been working hard on this so I think it may.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

Rune, I have to say, that was a very good interview. I am eager to see the playable demo of the game!
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

llew silverhand wrote:Rune, I have to say, that was a very good interview. I am eager to see the playable demo of the game!
Thanks, I have another comming soon for a released game, Legerdemaine.

I too am now really looking forward to this.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Hey... awesome interview, Rune.

Now I'm looking forward to the game even more. Looks like it'll be a really good one.

Among other things, I think Vince makes a great point about the time-scale in game-development, too, why 7 years really isn't all that long for a small indie outfit trying to create the best-written, most interesting game possible that is also graphically pleasing with good mechanics and so on and so forth... . If he figures they have one chance to make the best possible impression upon the gaming public... the length of development time really isn't remarkably extensive in the least bit. ...Especially in consideration to his comparison to... ahem... Diablo 3.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.