Cthulhu Saves the World

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Cthulhu Saves the World

Post by sirdilznik »

Anyone play this game yet? It plays like an old school jRPG with retro 8-bit graphics and pokes fun at the works of Lovecraft. There are some funny gags in there if you are familiar with Lovecraft's work. The game is surprisingly fun too. Best of all it's only 3 bucks and you get the company's 1st, Breath of Death VII as a bonus. I haven't played Breath of Death yet at that price for 2 games, what's the risk? The only down side is that the only way to get it on PC is through Steam (also XBLA). I have nothing against Steam, but it would have been nice to have a choice of direct (mirrored) download.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Arkos
Council Member

Re: Cthulhu Saves the World

Post by Arkos »

Sounds interesting. I might check it out...
The only down side is that the only way to get it on PC is through Steam...
Annnnd, you lost me, sorry. Oh, well.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

CrazyBernie to the rescue! *cue superhero music*

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CSW/cthulh ... -the-world

DRM free (and thirty cents cheaper to boot), although you do use their download service to install the program. Of course, a little creative task manager use (in Win7 anyway) and file browsing allows one to locate the installation application and copy it to the backup location of your choice... :mrgreen:
Ikzai
Initiate

Post by Ikzai »

Yeah, gamersgate is basically what you want. I enjoyed BoDVII but from all aspects Cthulu is a better game. I love it.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

So I'd have to make an account, but the game would be mine forever, unlike with Steam? Yeah, I can live with that. Thanks, Crazy Bernie.
Bernoulli
Initiate

Post by Bernoulli »

I played the game it was bundled with, Breath of Death. It was pretty good and ended just as it was getting tedious.