In need of an artist!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

In need of an artist!

Post by Vroqren »

Well, after being on these forums for a number of months, I realize just how great you guys are. Probably none of you know this, but a few of my friends and I design apps. We are currently in the progress of making a medieval RPG game, with many aspects of other different games. Like for example: in our game, Dragonhide is the best armor, like it is in Eschalon Book: II. We've agreed not to share too much information about our game until it's released. Well, none of my friends are very good artists. In fact, we suck pretty bad... So, I was wondering if you guys could help me with some drawing, or photoshop, or however you want to do it. Basically, we need 2 views of each possible character. An almost birds eye view, a bit more vertical than Eschalon for when the character is walking, and a view of just the head, for the chat dialogue. If you want to help, it would be much appreciated! Please create 2 possible characters if you decide to try (1 of each view for each character, for a total of 4 images). Please also create all of your images in the same way (Whether you draw them, make them in Pixel Art, ETC). Here are the characteristics players can choose from for there avatar (Also what you'll be creating).

Hair colors:
Brunette
Red/Orange
Blonde
White
Gray
Black

Eye color does not matter

Male hair:
Short
Bald
Long (Chin)
Short + Beard
Short + Beard + Mustache
Short + Mustache
Long + Beard
Long + Mustache
Long + Beard + Mustache

Female Hair:
Short (Chin)
Long (Past Shoulders)
Ponytail
Two Ponytails

Basic T-Shirt/Tunic of any color

Basic Pants/Skirt of any color

In the past, I've had people say that they like to have a backround for their drawing - the backrounds could be either an ice world, volcanic land, jungle, forest, grassland, or desert if that helps you. Thank you in advance!

I can also answer a few minor questions about our app in this topic, and here's a link to our forums. http://appsof837.freeforums.org/ (Sorry if it sounds like I'm advertising - I just need help, and I support BW in all of his actions, and am not trying to do create any negative effect for this forum.)

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
ManusDei
Council Member

Re: In need of an artist!

Post by ManusDei »

You should specify a size for the picture, and a theme. If your game is steampunk, avatars won't look the same as if your game is in a 1001 nights setting.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

As for size, It really just has to fit on an iPod screen (around 320X480), and I can always resize it. The theme - well, it's medieval if that helps...

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...Nobody ever says they're looking for a writer.

Anyhow... I can draw & paint but I'm no good with computer graphics... I just don't have the patience. So I'm totally useless, here. Still looking forward to the demo, though, Vroqren! :mrgreen:
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Well, we've run into a few problems. Luckily, we found an artist though. I'll tell you guys when I get the Demo out though, it'll be for computer instead of iPod for the first release though.

blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

well since i dont have an ipod, thats better news for me ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I've just finished the pixel art menu screen. This may or may not be used in the actual game. Image