Lost contact with Northland...

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Lost contact with Northland...

Post by Evnissyen »

So... trying to find out how to get a hold of the game Northland, from Tri Synergy, it looks pretty good, but it's out of print, which seems kind of odd since it looks like a relatively new game -- 2008 I think? -- and Tri Synergy is still in business.

If I were crazy I could get it from Amazon new for $80, or a used game (uh... no) for $55.

Dammit. Well, maybe GOG will get a hold of it at some point, if Tri Synergy really doesn't like this title any longer.

(And, please, please... nobody mention eBay.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
LethalBlade
Apprentice

Re: Lost contact with Northland...

Post by LethalBlade »

Evnissyen wrote:(And, please, please... nobody mention eBay.)
If you are looking for games that are out of print, you're only choice is places like eBay and Amazon. Where else do you expect to buy them (legitimately)?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

BAM!

Appears to be PC only version for download...

***Edit*** Whoops! Looks like the wrong game. I hate it when that happens.

***Double Edit*** or not...? Looks like different box art for the Mac version.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

I can't speak for the reputation of the shops listed, but shopping.google.com came back with some hits...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Northlan ... hl=en&aq=f
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Hmm... well, I found the demo, at any rate, played it... not as good as it looked, but it's still okay.

Bernie: You know, I've never even used Google Shopping before... for some reason my eye always misses it. Hmm... . Makes things easier.

Anyhow, thanks, guys. If I do end up getting it... $10 from GameStop looks pretty good. :)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.