Frayed Knights

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
quasimodo
Marshall

Re: Frayed Knights

Post by quasimodo »

For me the question is: TB or not TB? I prefer the isometric view but I would far rather have FPP with TB combat than any kind of RT game.
Xex
Apprentice

Post by Xex »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Xex wrote:I love it! It's a great game. The best thing about it is that it is turn based (something that I hope all Baslisk Games games will be after Eschalon III). Frayed Knights definately gets my money.
You mean that you hope that Basilisk Games continue to be turn based, since the Eschalon series is?
Kind of. See, Frayed Knights is true turnbased, unlike Eschalon which is pseudo turnbased. In Eschalon turns occur simultaneously, the enemy moves when you move. That's not real turn based.

I had heard that BasliskWrangler was going to work on a first person rpg after Eschalon III, and I dearly hope it is party based (you generate your own party) and turnbased during combat.
Neueziel
Initiate

Post by Neueziel »

´´I had heard that BasliskWrangler was going to work on a first person rpg after Eschalon III, and I dearly hope it is party based (you generate your own party) and turnbased during combat´´

Too bad...I am sure there is a lot of people here who enjoys FPPs...though I will skip on this if turns out to be first person....just cant get into them...
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

BasiliskWrangler confirmed the next series would be a FPP science fiction game, yep.
Heavy Metal Monk
Apprentice

Post by Heavy Metal Monk »

blatherbeard wrote:Ive actually always wondered why in a Fprpg(first person rpg) or a first person view in an MMO, that they cant or wont render the hands and/or weapons. Thats my big reason for not liking most first person rpg games. They can do it in Fps games. maybe because there is too much variety in weapons? /shrug
You really haven't played many, have you?
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Heavy Metal Monk wrote:
blatherbeard wrote:Ive actually always wondered why in a Fprpg(first person rpg) or a first person view in an MMO, that they cant or wont render the hands and/or weapons. Thats my big reason for not liking most first person rpg games. They can do it in Fps games. maybe because there is too much variety in weapons? /shrug
You really haven't played many, have you?
10, 15 of them maybe. cant remember as ive been gaming for over 30 years, mostly rpgs.

But its somethign thats kept me from those kinds of games.

BUT, I have to admit, after playing Legend of Grimrock, its not such a turn off anymore for sure.(that and i think nostaliga is drawing me back to the days of real stories and fun combat) But then again, that game also puts a good amt of emphasis on lighing, shadows, and atmosphere so i can deal with not seeing weapons on a great game.

But now that im writing this ive come to realize that you may be commenting because there are more games where they DO show weapons, so other than being vauge, maybe cluing me it to them instead.

either way, instead of assuming i havent been playing these games, why not try and educate me.

LOVE your avatar btw, if you havent checked out FotNS kens rage, you should. Its like living FotNS. (my favorite anime, by far, had the original japanese language version of the movie on vhs)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.