iPhone RPGS

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
The Harpo Marxist
Apprentice

iPhone RPGS

Post by The Harpo Marxist »

Any decent turn based iPhone RPGs?

I want to enhance my commute :).
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: iPhone RPGS

Post by deathknight1728 »

If you can handle the first person view like morrowind, get "The quest" its a great turn based rpg and has all of the qualities of bards tale. Better yet, its on iPhone, iPad, mac, pc, you name it. It tends to cater to your system. Lucky..
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

deathknight1728 wrote:If you can handle the first person view like morrowind, get "The quest" its a great turn based rpg and has all of the qualities of bards tale. Better yet, its on iPhone, iPad, mac, pc, you name it. It tends to cater to your system. Lucky..
I second that opinion. I have/had it on my old Mac machine. I go back to it once in a while but haven't updated in a long time.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
The Harpo Marxist
Apprentice

Post by The Harpo Marxist »

The Quest was great - thank you for the rec! I've also started playing Silversword and it is excellent - really the best touch game I've played. Basically, it is the Bard's Tale. Party of 7, rolled stats, magic users are by far the most powerful, no hand holding or quest markers, magic mouths, etc. It even has the same combat system.
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

I recently played Undercroft on the ipad. Its also on the iphone.
RukiValorware
Initiate

Post by RukiValorware »

It's not released for iPhone yet, but it will be- check out my game 9th Dawn

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5810

There's an android and PC demo available, just visit our website www.valorware.com and click 9th Dawn or 9th Dawn PC for download links :)

You can preoorder an iPhone version aswell as support our development by pledging money on our kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/valorware/9th-dawn

Thank you
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I saw a game that had just had an update a couple of days ago. Looked interesting but haven't tried it out yet.

"Monster RPG2"
Monster RPG 2 is a console style role playing game (perhaps most accurately, a JRPG) with a lot of depth and old-school character. It is available for iDevices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), Android and PC (Windows, Mac, Linux.) The game was released in 2010, and has continued to receive updates, as we try to polish out all of the rough edges (with an eye for detail.)
http://www.monster-rpg.com/
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

deathknight1728 wrote:If you can handle the first person view like morrowind, get "The quest" its a great turn based rpg and has all of the qualities of bards tale. Better yet, its on iPhone, iPad, mac, pc, you name it. It tends to cater to your system. Lucky..

The graphics remind me of Daggerfall a lot more than Morrowind. I really want to play this game now hehe. If I can find it for linux or windows I'll definitely buy it.