StarCraft II

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

StarCraft II

Post by Vroqren »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just finished the game for the first time. It was incredible! Anyone else ever played it? If so, did you choose Ghosts or Spectres, and what did you think about the whole thing overall?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: StarCraft II

Post by blatherbeard »

I will quantify my reply with i only was any good at Warcraft when it was an Rts. I always stunk at most other ones. I liked Starcraft because i had friends who would have fun with it and take it easy on me so i could experience the game, before they destroyed me. Campaign always held my interest until about half or three quarters of the way through then it got too tough for my brain to keep things straight.

I got SC2 for Xmas and i think i played about 6 of the single player campaigns, more or less, then i just lost all interest in it.

Not sure why, maybe because i just cant seem to get good at RTS games overall, but the story just didnt interest me as much as the Warcraft games or even the original SC.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

It's true that the story for SCII isn't as good as original SC, but that may be due to the fact that you make decisions that can change the course o the game. I've always been a SC fan though, so this plot was good enough for me.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I have played StarCraft II. The campaign was mostly fun compared to the "ten-versus-you" -type missions in the first StarCraft. I chose spectres, because the mission was more fun. :)

P.S. I don't think this is a Role-Playing Game...
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I too chose Spectres.

It's kinda a Role Playing game - You play as Raynor, who is the commander of the armies so...