What game are you playing until book 3?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

What game are you playing until book 3?

Post by deathknight1728 »

Well I should have clarified games as some people are playing a few games. Since avadon 2 will likely come before book 3, ill likely be finished with a few games by then.

Im playing

-Avadon (2nd time)
-Geneforge 3
-Eschalon book 2

So is anyone else playing something in particular before book 3 or before the next other game that rocks the house?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: What game are you playing until book 3?

Post by Randomizer »

Might and Magic 2
waiting for Avadon 2: The Corruption to start beta testing

Finally got around to finishing Geneforge 2
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

RPGs:
-Avadon (1st time!)
-Ultima VII
-Eschalon: Book I or II (with a ranger build)
-Diablo III

Other Games:
-Mount&Blade: Warband
-Minecraft
-Civilization V
-Master of Orion 2
-Starcraft 2
-Dwarf Fortress
-something I forgot

One could say my list is very varied.
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

For an RPG I will pick WoW back up once the new patch comes out on Aug 28th. I am also playing Divinity 2 Ego Draconis. I picked it up during the steam summer sale and am absolutely loving it.

I also am thinking of starting a new world in Minecraft.

I also have my LA Noire game that I use as a break from RPGs from time to time.

Plus, depending on my mood, I'll pick up an snes or nes game here or there as well.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Yeah Im waiting anxiously until avadon 2 as well. Really think that jeff's writing gets better with each game that comes out.

As for divinity 2, they are really great games. I prefer the original and have yet to play beyond divinity. This new game Original Sin should be interesting with the party dynamics and turn based combat. Good times.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Lhoric
Senior Steward

Post by Lhoric »

Picked up The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim last month for XBOX 360. Having fun building up a Barbarian Brute.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I'm currently on a second run-through of Avadon. Am playing on normal difficulty (which is actually pretty easy), but am going solo except for the required companion quests. It quite changes the boss fights in the later stages of the game. Got the idea from Randomizer.

Also, I assume the iPad testing for Avadon II will happen in late spring or early summer. Obviously, the Mac beta has to finish before that starts.

If I'm really bored I'll probably go back and play Nethergate as a Roman.

Next I suppose I'll get back into Grimhold and try to finish it. Once we have a firm release date for Book III I'm going to replay Books I and II so everything is fresh in my mind.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Malevolence Sword of Ahkranox. Right now the kickstarter pledgers get to play it, but Alex asked me to be an additional volatile beta tester(of which he only has 10) so i was flattered and had to say yes.

Its nice to feel a part of something that you believe in and feel like you actually make a difference in how it will come out.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Currently:

Mirror's Edge

Queued up:

Knights of the Old Republic 2 (modded)
Jade Empire
Icewind Dale 2

Likely in the future:

Grim Dawn (Alpha)
Fallout: New Vegas (again... I always go back :wink: )
Trine 2
Shadowrun Returns (if it comes out before Book III)
Double Fine Adventure (if it comes out before Book III)
Will Pay For Cloth Map
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Dishonored, Guild Wars2, and I just bought the Thief games on steam for about 10$.

I'm weak minded :'(
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Picked up Dungeons of Dredmor from Steam for 2,50 €. That's gonna keep me entertained for at least some time.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Updating List-

Eschalon book 2 (finishing up on my epic character) The character I am working on only has 9 in sword skill and basically is more deadly than my previous character who had 17 sword skill.

Avadon (3rd Time-This time as a Shadowalker) For some reason, this game series I cant get enough of. I find I get bored with Avernum remake but this game is just that cool. This is the last time I will replay this game, err..until Avadon 2 is out.

Cardinal Quest-(Just died in this roguelike at floor 4) An interesting game and an excellent roguelike. I find that I learn more from losing characters than I ever did playing any game.

sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I scooped up the SEGA Megadrive Classics 5 bundle recently when it was on sale for an itty bitty $1.24. There are like 10 games in the bundle, but I bought it for Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4. Now I have some awesome classic jRPGs to also play until Book III.

Oh, and I'm also playing Serious Sam 3: BFE, because once in a while I just want to blow a whole bunch of **** up.
8)
Will Pay For Cloth Map
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Also playing Path of Exile as well as WoW on sundays with my homeys.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Just bought Avadon last weekend and am playing it through for the first time. Good game. It's my first Spiderweb game. I might have to check out some of his other titles.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland