Torchlight 2

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Torchlight 2

Post by sirdilznik »

Well it came out today and I must have played at least 4 hours so far. Early impressions = AWESOME! The game is absolutely everything I hoped for. Fast paced, hectic, big open areas, tons of side-quests, cool boss fights, sweet loot. Co-op was an absolute blast, it was my female Engineer (sword & board max tank style), a Berserker, and an Outlander, and we were tearing **** up, just an absolute blast. Holy smokes am I going to become a serious addict of this game. Loot em up nirvana.
:mrgreen:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Re: Torchlight 2

Post by ttomm46 »

sirdilznik wrote:Well it came out today and I must have played at least 4 hours so far. Early impressions = AWESOME! The game is absolutely everything I hoped for. Fast paced, hectic, big open areas, tons of side-quests, cool boss fights, sweet loot. Co-op was an absolute blast, it was my female Engineer (sword & board max tank style), a Berserker, and an Outlander, and we were tearing **** up, just an absolute blast. Holy smokes am I going to become a serious addict of this game. Loot em up nirvana.
:mrgreen:
Yep..about 6 hours..even better than what i thought it would be..Playing on Veteran I have died more than a few times :D
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Does Torchlight 2 go by another name? I can't find it on Amazon.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

noname wrote:Does Torchlight 2 go by another name? I can't find it on Amazon.
Support the dev, buy direct! :)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

ttomm46 wrote:Yep..about 6 hours..even better than what i thought it would be..Playing on Veteran I have died more than a few times :D
I'm playing on Veteran also, and up to lev 15. I've died twice so far, both times during boss fights and both times because I wasn't paying close enough attention and just got too comfortable and full of myself.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Thanks llew, but I don't have paypal or google check out. and besides I want the physical dvd.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

I'm level 12 now (Outlander) and the only reason I've died (Veteran) is because I thought, oh, I can take the 3rd lever for the phase beast area...even though I'm out of potions...twice.

Loving the game so far :)
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

Sorry mean't level five,,,up to 9 now. :D
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

As much as I loved Act 1, I'm loving Act 2 that much more. The Manticore fight, though I found it to be somewhat easy, was highly entertaining. I'm up to level 26 now (playing on Veteran). My Engineer is very defense oriented. My main offensive skill is Seismic Slam which is pretty good at stunning mobs. I have Coup de Grace to synergize with it (it does extra electrical damage to stunned targets) but only have 1 skill point in it so far. Mainly I'm concentrating on putting points in my bots (heal & gun), Bulwark, and Aegis of Fate.

Edit: Up to lev 29 now, just killed the Artificer (easy fight but super fun).
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

sirdilznik wrote:As much as I loved Act 1, I'm loving Act 2 that much more. The Manticore fight, though I found it to be somewhat easy, was highly entertaining. I'm up to level 26 now (playing on Veteran). My Engineer is very defense oriented. My main offensive skill is Seismic Slam which is pretty good at stunning mobs. I have Coup de Grace to synergize with it (it does extra electrical damage to stunned targets) but only have 1 skill point in it so far. Mainly I'm concentrating on putting points in my bots (heal & gun), Bulwark, and Aegis of Fate.

I know nothing about the game but enjoyed the picture. Who's your sidekick? Looks cute as the dickens! :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Dragonlady wrote:
sirdilznik wrote:As much as I loved Act 1, I'm loving Act 2 that much more. The Manticore fight, though I found it to be somewhat easy, was highly entertaining. I'm up to level 26 now (playing on Veteran). My Engineer is very defense oriented. My main offensive skill is Seismic Slam which is pretty good at stunning mobs. I have Coup de Grace to synergize with it (it does extra electrical damage to stunned targets) but only have 1 skill point in it so far. Mainly I'm concentrating on putting points in my bots (heal & gun), Bulwark, and Aegis of Fate.

I know nothing about the game but enjoyed the picture. Who's your sidekick? Looks cute as the dickens! :)
That's my pet Ferret "Snookums". Yes, Snookums is adorable. Also, useful. Your pets will fight and you can send them to town to sell off your unwanted loot (this is a loot em up like Diablo so you get tons of it). Your pet can even buy and bring back potions for you.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

I'm a level 17 Berserker....fighting spiders right now. :)
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I may buy this just on the pic of you and your ferret alone. ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Finished the game with my Engineer on veteran difficulty. Super fun game, took almost 30 hours to finish. Started a New Game+ with my Engineer but I will leave that character for a bit as I've started an Embermage on Elite difficulty. I'm loving playing the Embermage so far. Wand Chaos is an insane skill (it's a passive skill that adds a chance of a random effect happening every time you use a wand). I'm going dual wand, I figure there will be good synergy with investing heavily in the Focus stat which increases elemental damage (good for both my wands and skills) and increases chance to Execute (if you're dual wielding similar weapons Execute makes you strike with both weapons at once and do extra damage). I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for gear and gems that will increase Execute chance and damage. So far I'm focusing mostly on Ice skills. Ice has a chance to slow and immobilize enemies which is great for someone trying to keep hordes of beast away from melee range.

Here is my Embermage:

The pet hawk's name is "Mob Barley", in case you were wondering. :wink:

My only real complaint so far is that the difficulty levels feel too easy for me. Granted I'm only at the beginning with my new character, and it is somewhat challenging, but not nearly as brutal as a highest difficulty should be. For me Veteran is what Normal should have been and Elite is what Veteran should have been. Someone needs to mod in an Absurd difficulty level.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

sirdilznik wrote:The pet hawk's name is "Mob Barley", in case you were wondering. :wink:
One large bird instead of three little ones? ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.