Grimoire IndieGoGo Campaign goes LIVE!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Xex
Apprentice

Grimoire IndieGoGo Campaign goes LIVE!

Post by Xex »

http://www.indiegogo.com/grimoireforever?c=home

After 17 years, the most anticipated CRPG of 1996 is finally on track to be released! Over 600+ hours of gameplay, 14 races including Vampires, 144+ spells, 15 classes + special advanced classes, and the best and most complete Campaign Video ever assembled...

ITZ FINALLY COMING!!!

Prepare your bunkers, and PACK YOUR RICE!!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Grimoire IndieGoGo Campaign goes LIVE!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Oh my! Now that was a promo video.

Well, I'll tell you...Grimoire is a game that I probably want to play more than anything else. Clearly, it is either a "masterstroke of genius" or the greatest lie in the history of computer gaming, forged in the dreams of a madman.

I...just don't know. Not even Duke Nukem Forever can hold a flame to this piece of vaporware. Even if the funding is met, will the game truly ever be delivered or will the money just go to reinforcing Cleve's bomb shelter?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

From the amount of material posted on Youtube the game obviously exists and is closer to being done than most crowd funded games. I think Cleve just needs some sort of externally imposed deadline to actually finish something. Whatever the case I'm more than happy to gamble a few bucks on the chance of getting such an awesome game.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Interesting but I got bored with the Youtube a quarter of the way thru. I'll wait for it to come out.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

It may be the ultimate Eye of the Beholder clone, but it's still an Eye of the Beholder clone. Some crazy developer with tons of free time has to like the Ultima and Gold Box games as much as me, right?
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Having watched the Age of Decadence crew fiddle around for years in public, I find myself somewhat surprised that Grimoire is suddenly appearing out of nowhere. However, the video does show that some serious work has been done.

Guess I would feel more comfortable with making a donation if Cleve hadn't just shown up out of the blue. Didn't watch the video all the way to the end. Does he give any specific date for the beta?
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Dragonlady wrote:Interesting but I got bored with the Youtube a quarter of the way thru. I'll wait for it to come out.

I didnt even make it that far.

No interest for me at all.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Xex
Apprentice

Post by Xex »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Oh my! Now that was a promo video.

Well, I'll tell you...Grimoire is a game that I probably want to play more than anything else. Clearly, it is either a "masterstroke of genius" or the greatest lie in the history of computer gaming, forged in the dreams of a madman.

I...just don't know. Not even Duke Nukem Forever can hold a flame to this piece of vaporware. Even if the funding is met, will the game truly ever be delivered or will the money just go to reinforcing Cleve's bomb shelter?
:lol:

I can understand your hesitance Baslisk, but I have played the leaked [s]beta[/s] gamma version and this game is real. It was actually the Codex that convinced Cleve to do a Kickstarter. However, there was an issue with setting up an account on Kickstarter, so Cleve went with IndieGoGo instead, for a FOUR MONTH campaign!

The thread on the Codex is still going strong if you want to check it out. (it's in GRPGD. There is another one in the News section. Us Codexians are obviously very excited, especially since Cleve was not only a regular but also because he specifically mentions the Dex in his video)

To everyone else, Grimoire is fully turnbased. It is more akin to Wizardry games, especially Wizardry 7, rather than the Eye of the Beholder/Lands of Lore games (for that check out the incredible Legend of Grimrock. There's a GoG sale for that going I think, which also includes the powerful and easy to use game editor for free. There are already 100+ mods out of varying quality)

Hopefully we get stretch goals which include tours of Cleve's bunker!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I have played this as well. I have rode the turtle heh.

It was quite good a few years back, and no it is not an eye of the beholder game. It is more like wizardry. I liked it a lot then and I hope he makes it.
richmondster
Initiate

Post by richmondster »

gonna wait for it to come out.