ThorValla

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

ThorValla

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Just checked out a new, interesting looking Kickstarter from a guy I know, Guido Henkel (Planescape: Torment). See what you think.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/g3s ... ido-henkel
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: ThorValla

Post by blatherbeard »

turn based=good

party only= prob wont buy it

Strategy heavy=id suck pretty hard at it so ill definitely pass.

That said, id prob pick it up if it gets funded, at a date where im running out of games.

So maybe 2015 lol
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Sounds good, I've popped a few $. :)

Sides its got DRAGONS!!! :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Dragonlady wrote:Sounds good, I've popped a few $. :)

Sides its got DRAGONS!!! :lol:
I thought you'd like that part, Dragonlady. :)
---

SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

"Turn-based" and "Linux" was all I needed to see. Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2 just seals the deal.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Both this and Underrail are on my list. They both look awesome and from everything Ive seen in the past couple months, looks like good times for gamers-

1-Project Eternity

2-Underrail

3-Thorvalla

4-Baldurs gate/Infinity engine remakes

5-Avadon 2

6-Book 3

Those are just a few of the games off the top of my head. If theres a zombie apocolypse, I wont leave the house :)
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Sadly, barring a MAJOR miracle, this one has no chance of getting funded. Almost halfway through the funding period and they're not even at 5%. :(
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

sirdilznik wrote:Sadly, barring a MAJOR miracle, this one has no chance of getting funded. Almost halfway through the funding period and they're not even at 5%. :(
Yeah, I think Guido made a major mistake not making the period longer, and also not having more to show in that original pitch video. I really like Guido, but he didn't do a great job selling the vision in that pitch video. Maybe he'll draw in some major backers in the next two weeks and it will push things more. I'd REALLY like to see this game happen, probably more than a bunch of the other big games I've backed.

And Dragonlady undoubtedly likes this latest update. See why with this scene demo: http://www.thorvalla.com/thorvalla2.html
---

Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
sirdilznik wrote:Sadly, barring a MAJOR miracle, this one has no chance of getting funded. Almost halfway through the funding period and they're not even at 5%. :(
Yeah, I think Guido made a major mistake not making the period longer, and also not having more to show in that original pitch video. I really like Guido, but he didn't do a great job selling the vision in that pitch video. Maybe he'll draw in some major backers in the next two weeks and it will push things more. I'd REALLY like to see this game happen, probably more than a bunch of the other big games I've backed.

And Dragonlady undoubtedly likes this latest update. See why with this scene demo: http://www.thorvalla.com/thorvalla2.html
Well, I'd like it if I dared download the 'player' thingy to see it! :( I did like the dragon picture in the update I got this morning. :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Dragonlady wrote:Well, I'd like it if I dared download the 'player' thingy to see it! :( I did like the dragon picture in the update I got this morning. :)
The player thingy is not at all dangerous. Really. But what you see is pretty much what was in the email, with the addition of movement.
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Sadly, today the folks behind ThorValla called it quits on the Kickstarter. I think the biggest issue may be that they came in too far behind the lead wave. People are already out of pocket on a number of cool possible future games that won't be delivered for at least another year or two. The speculative money pool just couldn't handle another project on that scale without some more significant stuff behind it.
---

Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Sadly, today the folks behind ThorValla called it quits on the Kickstarter. I think the biggest issue may be that they came in too far behind the lead wave. People are already out of pocket on a number of cool possible future games that won't be delivered for at least another year or two. The speculative money pool just couldn't handle another project on that scale without some more significant stuff behind it.
I agree. Sad to see it fail, looked very interesting. But, I have a wee bit more money to spend on Xmas stuff :)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I just put that money back to Antharion, which is trying again (and the money I'd pledged the first time with Antharion is what had gone to the ThorValla pledge, anyway, so round and round the Kickstarter bush).
---

ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

oh well.. :cry: