Browser RPG - Dakija [Demo online!] [On Indiegogo]

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
fshock
Initiate

Browser RPG - Dakija [Demo online!] [On Indiegogo]

Post by fshock »

Hello,

I’m solo game developer and I would like to show you my game named “Dakija”.

Dakija demo goes ONLINE! Check it here: http://www.dakija.com

If you are interested in more pictures, you can find them here.

What is Dakija?

Short explanation: Dakija is a browser based fantasy RPG game with a turn-based combat. You got to choose your hero and develop his abilities, skills, spells the way YOU want. Fighter, Magician (Archer or Monk) – it’s up to you what you want to become. Will you be the hero that legends talk about? Will you be the hero who brings back the piece to this planet, called Dakija? We will see! Currently there are 200+ skills to choose from that can be reached by adding points into balancers every level. Also 100+ spells for spellcasters! Not only offensive spells, but many buffs and curses for more tactical choices. For building your hero you have wide variety of equipments to choose from: 400+ weapons and 200+ armors of different types!

Story Explanation: You should have born in the lands with great history and achievements. The land of superior technology and evolved higher conscious beings. However… the evil has hidden dark in the undergrounds and decided to destroy this planet! The enormous explosion in the volcano lying beneath the ground changed the picture of the planet. Disaster, as a word, was too small to describe the situation. Chaos, confusion and pure evil creatures had spread in the world… You are the one, with an ancient power within. You are here to end this chaos! Unleash the powers within you by gaining knowledge about yourself and once and for all – destroy evil!

What the game will be like?

• Equal to everybody. You don't have to buy premium stuff to be the best!
• Simple game at the start, but goes deeper and deeper when you’re playing.
• Turn-based combat with many tactical choices and a field to do so!
• Control more than one character in battle field for more tactical choices.
• Different mercenaries and NPCs will fight together with you. Choose a perfect team for the best synergies!
• Lots of choices for building your hero.
• Lots of items to choose from. No to one-best-way-build.
• Multi-way to completing quests, challenging and different ones!
• Game with a deeper value, the knowledge from never dying truth from the books.
• Game is not limited to only fighting and doing quests!
• Never ending development so you can play and play and.. play!

What makes Dakija unique?

My experience in many different games, my fantasy, my passion for RPGs. I bet you think that there are lot of like me? Would you drop everything just to reach your dream? Or do all it takes to reach your dream? I bet not many can do that, but I want it bad! I will be the game creator and my game will be brilliant! A non-stop evolving epic RPG browser game with a turn-based combat!
Furthermore, if I like playing my game with never-stopping-need for gaining more, why others shouldn’t like this game? I think you will, especially if you like turn-based combat, lots of different ways to build your hero and challenging quests!

What do I’m asking?

As a solo (indie) developer I’m seeking community’s help to make this development process faster and better. If project gets funded – designer and writer joins development for even greater RPG experience for you! It’s a game made by gamer for gamers!

Support here: Dakija RPG indiegogo campaign page
Last edited by fshock on December 19th, 2012, 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
fshock
Initiate

Re: Browser RPG - Dakija [On Indiegogo]

Post by fshock »

I’d like to share with you that there is an update with a video of gameplay, to be exact, hero creation and explanations. Also, after weekend more vides are coming! Check out the news here: http://www.indiegogo.com/dakija/x/1853125?c=activity
fshock
Initiate

Post by fshock »

Honesly, I’m seeking for the answers, the project just doesn’t move forward, what I’m doing wrong? Maybe you know? This is my dream and, I guess, I fail to transmit it to others. I’ve been working all my free time on this game for almost two years, but now it’s just isn’t moving! Do you know how I could improve? Please tell me that, positive or negative, it can be the searched answer.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I did contribute, because I'm interested to see where you go with it, and $10 is little enough to risk for me. I'm sure for most people there are a lot of projects out there to consider, and people are often more hesitant with Indiegogo than with Kickstarter, because the money is paid out whether the project reaches its goal or not.

For the rest, there's very little information in your plan about what makes you able to pull it off. Making a larger point that you are Lithuanian might also help some people see why you'd be bringing a different perspective to the project (though it may scare other people that you're in a country more than half of the people in the US couldn't find on a map).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I did contribute, because I'm interested to see where you go with it, and $10 is little enough to risk for me. I'm sure for most people there are a lot of projects out there to consider, and people are often more hesitant with Indiegogo than with Kickstarter, because the money is paid out whether the project reaches its goal or not.

For the rest, there's very little information in your plan about what makes you able to pull it off. Making a larger point that you are Lithuanian might also help some people see why you'd be bringing a different perspective to the project (though it may scare other people that you're in a country more than half of the people in the US couldn't find on a map).
Yes but most americans i know have some kind of lithuainan in their family or bloodline, so i think you dont give us enough credit. ;) and yes, i prob couldnt find lithuania on a map LOL

I get paid tomorrow btw so i planned on throwing some capital at this and another ks game tomorrow.

I like what i see so far.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
fshock
Initiate

Post by fshock »

@Kreador Freeaxe

Thank you for the tips so I'll go and think of some epic plans on it. And basically I think improving every line of text should work. Do you think videos are more important than plain text? Should I do a lot of more videos, though I suck at talking.. ? :)
Last edited by fshock on December 19th, 2012, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

You couldn't find Lithuania on a map??!! :evil:

(Well I guess it's easy for me, being Finnish. Lithuania is below Latvia that is below Estonia that is below Bay of Finland that is below Finland.)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:You couldn't find Lithuania on a map??!! :evil:

(Well I guess it's easy for me, being Finnish. Lithuania is below Latvia that is below Estonia that is below Bay of Finland that is below Finland.)
Don't be too upset. More than half the people in the US probably couldn't identify Nebraska on a map of the US.

And, Zilvinas, videos of things in the game in action are probably the most important element in convincing people that you can make it happen. Your goal is very reasonable, I think. It's just a matter of getting people to notice and believe you can and will accomplish it.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Don't be too upset. More than half the people in the US probably couldn't identify Nebraska on a map of the US.
Eh, none taken. I don't think I could name all the states in the US. :)

Back to the topic: Good luck with Dakija!
fshock
Initiate

Re: Browser RPG - Dakija [Demo online!] [On Indiegogo]

Post by fshock »

Dakija demo goes ONLINE! Check it here: http://www.dakija.com
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I tried the online thing. Interesting, a little confusing for me till I started clicking on different buttons and paying attention to flashing lights and other things. Has a heavy flavor of 3.0, 3.5, etc. (D&D). Fortitude saves, etc. I took 'warmage' to try it out. Used spells and xbow. Crossbow didn't shoot as far as I expected it to (2 spaces!). Maybe as you go up levels it will go further?
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
fshock
Initiate

Post by fshock »

Dragonlady wrote:I tried the online thing. Interesting, a little confusing for me till I started clicking on different buttons and paying attention to flashing lights and other things. Has a heavy flavor of 3.0, 3.5, etc. (D&D). Fortitude saves, etc. I took 'warmage' to try it out. Used spells and xbow. Crossbow didn't shoot as far as I expected it to (2 spaces!). Maybe as you go up levels it will go further?
Yeah, low level crossbows has a range of 3. At level 10 or so, you can get crossbow with range of 4 and later - 5. Still seeking of balance between ranged and melee weapons.

Did you notice lowered damage when you attacked monster that was near you?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

fshock wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:I tried the online thing. Interesting, a little confusing for me till I started clicking on different buttons and paying attention to flashing lights and other things. Has a heavy flavor of 3.0, 3.5, etc. (D&D). Fortitude saves, etc. I took 'warmage' to try it out. Used spells and xbow. Crossbow didn't shoot as far as I expected it to (2 spaces!). Maybe as you go up levels it will go further?
Yeah, low level crossbows has a range of 3. At level 10 or so, you can get crossbow with range of 4 and later - 5. Still seeking of balance between ranged and melee weapons.

Did you notice lowered damage when you attacked monster that was near you?
Damage? What damage? :) Yes, less damage when I managed to hit that is. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
fshock
Initiate

Post by fshock »

Dragonlady wrote:Damage? What damage? :) Yes, less damage when I managed to hit that is. :D
X - you
M - monster
O - space

if you do 10 damage at XoM or XooM, you will only do 5 damage at XM :)
richmondster
Initiate

Post by richmondster »

cool project here, i've gotta tell my friends about it.