Good indie RPGs: What is out there (beside Eschalon)?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
noname
Marshall

Re: Good indie RPGs: What is out there (beside Eschalon)?

Post by noname »

IJBall wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:I, too, can play some Windows stuff. Have my Mac partioned (is that the word?) but I hate having to do a click fest to get to it.
Partitioned. :) I was going to do that, or use Parallels, but never did. My brother who works at Microsoft even kindly sent me Windows once. :)
I'm definitely going to do it on the next Mac system I get - I think all modern Macs have Boot Camp pre-installed(?). So it's just a question of partitioning the hard drive, and getting a hold of a version of Windows...

(...though which version of Windows to get, for maximum game playability/compatability, was always what I was unsure of - Is Windows 7 the best choice here?... :?: )
I have never upgraded to windows 7 simply because I like to play old games. windows 7 is not compatible with many or most older games.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Personally i think win 7 is this decades XP, and maybe even a bit better if you take the time to get used to it and learn its features.

Ive heard very mixed reviews of 8 and personally wouldnt bother with it.

win 7 plays all my games perfectly, except for maybe diablo. But if i remember right, there are ways to get it running, i just chose not to bother.

Im sure there are some games out there it wont play still, but ive not seen many lately.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

blatherbeard wrote:Personally i think win 7 is this decades XP, and maybe even a bit better if you take the time to get used to it and learn its features.

Ive heard very mixed reviews of 8 and personally wouldnt bother with it.

win 7 plays all my games perfectly, except for maybe diablo. But if i remember right, there are ways to get it running, i just chose not to bother.

Im sure there are some games out there it wont play still, but ive not seen many lately.
Well, I don't know. I run the windows 7 upgrade advisor and it tells me that I will have problems running many of my games so I have just left well enough alone. I have no trouble running almost any game available even the newest on my XP Pro so I figure why change. Someday I know I'll have to upgrade but until then. I agree, windows 8 looks inadvisable.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

You probably play your older games more than i do.

If you can, post a few up and ill let you know if i still play them and if they work. We may have some games in common(im betting we all do ;) )
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Thanks for the mention of Driftmoon - I recommend it, rather linear but quite enjoyable.