Avadon on Good old Games-Huzzah!!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Avadon on Good old Games-Huzzah!!

Post by Randomizer »

Beta testing hasn't started, but the latest news is Fall 2013 for game release:

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon2/index.html
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Randomizer wrote:Beta testing hasn't started, but the latest news is Fall 2013 for game release:

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon2/index.html
You do get props for beta testing Randomizer and so does anyone else that does. Beta testing a spiderweb game is something I'd like to do, but always change my mind at the last minute :)
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Gave Avadon a try, found it a bit tedious and limited in the options it gives you to work with plot-wise. Also not the most satisfying of storylines...

Not spiderweb's best, as far as my tastes go.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Farwalker wrote:Gave Avadon a try, found it a bit tedious and limited in the options it gives you to work with plot-wise. Also not the most satisfying of storylines...

Not spiderweb's best, as far as my tastes go.
I agree. I don't like not being able to go where I want to when I want to. I like the older games from Spiderweb much more than Avadon series. Even with the help of my son, who has beta tested many of their games. :( I'm waiting for Beta testing announcement for Book III. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Beta testing for Avadon 2 should start in 2 weeks so release is probably the beginning of October.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Randomizer wrote:Beta testing for Avadon 2 should start in 2 weeks so release is probably the beginning of October.
Best news I've heard in ages!

BW just said that Book III won't be out until late summer or early fall. You don't suppose Avadon and Book III will come out at the same time do you?