[KS] ROAM

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

[KS] ROAM

Post by sirdilznik »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roam/roam

Here's an interesting Kickstarter project that has me really excited. It's called ROAM and is currently being produced by 2 people, most notably Ryan Sharr, formerly of Gas Powered Games. It's a blend of RPG, RTS, Tower Defense, and Top Down Shooter. You play a survivor during the zombie apocalypse (I know, I know, yet another zombie game). You need to explore, scavenge, recruit, build, and survive in a procedurally created world that changes over time. Seeing a game that blends a lot of genres together usually worries me because it often doesn't end well, but once in a while it works out beautifully (see: Space Rangers), and I'm very impressed by what I've seen of the prototype and what I've read. Here are some of the videos of the project in its current form:

Kickstarter Pitch Video
Base Building
Enemies
Crafting

They've already surpassed their initial goal and the project is working toward stretch goals now. If they support Linux, which is likely as they have stated they want to do it but want to make sure they can before confirming, and they're using Unity, I'll certainly jump on board.
8)
Will Pay For Cloth Map