Finished Fallout 1-Want more!!!!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Finished Fallout 1-Want more!!!!

Post by deathknight1728 »

So yeah, I kind of gave in and managed to finish fallout 1 without too many hassles. I think that now that I have finished it, I want more games like it. Im currently in the process of getting farther in book 2. I really wish there were more turnbased rpgs that let you control one character.

I have 3 rpgs like that that I play over and over again-

1-The Quest-Very much like Eschalon

2-Eschalon series-Excellent and while I like the quest's story better, you cant beat the stat/skill builds system in book 1 and 2. Its got to be one of the best and most replayable systems I have played.

3-Fallout 1 and 2. Although I haven't played fallout 2, I want to play it after finding another game like those mentioned. This game like eschalon has an immaculate stat/skill/perk system.

The best/coolest thing that could happen is Vogel from spiderweb could write a game that is meant for 1 character like Geneforge, but every class could be played solo. That would be awesome. I often thought of playing solo in that game but its hard enough with a party and terribly balanced.

If anyone knows of any games like those mentioned, let me know. I will play real time but only if its like 9th Dawn, if that ever comes out at all on pc. I also bought Underrail which is supposed to be like fallout. Problem is when will it be out. Its really too bad not as many companies don't follow this excellent trend.

I will say this though, if I find another company that has a game out like this (which is out), this is the first forum I will post it in ;)
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
dex
Pledge

Re: Finished Fallout 1-Want more!!!!

Post by dex »

I would like to know, if there is any rpg like E. Book, but more deep in magick?
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Finished Fallout 1-Want more!!!!

Post by deathknight1728 »

dex wrote:I would like to know, if there is any rpg like E. Book, but more deep in magick?
Closest game I know of is The Quest. Its a single character, single tile movement first person turn based rpg. Its set in its own world and has 13 expansion packs. The game is more like fallout in that you need magic moreso than you normally would have in eschalon. A regular fighter has a tough time advancing to mages without some form of many magics in game. I like the story better in the quest and its more challenging, but eschalon has better character combinations/roleplaying.

Its hard to talk bad about either and they are each good in their own way.http://www.redshift.hu/
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum