What Pen&Paper Rpg do you use?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Nevermore
Marshall

What Pen&Paper Rpg do you use?

Post by Nevermore »

What Pen & Paper roleplaying game rules do you usually use to play with your group? If you like, you can say how many times do you play during the months and also what are the modules\supplements you are also adopt.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: What Pen&Paper Rpg do you use?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

"Back in the day" I played lots of PnP RPGs, D&D, GURPs, Champions, Traveller, Paranoia. Trying to get back into it with my girlfriend and her daughters, I'm working up a Mutants & Masterminds campaign for them (superhero game similar to Champions but more focus on the role playing elements and less on the whiz bang).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

As you I've used to play D&D a lot, in particular 3.0 and 3.5, for many years (with some Vampire The Masquerade and Call of Cthulhu small adventures). But now, because of university's duties and the jobs of my friends, I can only run small campaigns of 5-6 sessions during holidays.

Now as player and Game Master, my favorite and main pnp rpg is Basic Fantasy Role-playing Game, a retroclone of D&D Boxes\AD&D with elements taken from SRD 3.5
Also is completely free to download and opensource with hundreds of supplements. If you like, you can support the game buying a physical copy from the Lulu.com store (bound copy or hardcover). I will use these rules for a campaign with Eschalon setting. :D

Sometimes I run, when I find available players, some sessions of The One Ring, the Tolkien world's RPG.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Right now I'm playing Pathfinder, the D&D 3.5 fork. D&D 4 just doesn't feel like the same system any more. I also enjoy GURPS, although it can be a tough transition for people used to min/maxing the heck out of characters in other systems.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Another system that I love after Basic Fantasy is Runequest, but I never had the chance to try out. :(
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

I'm running two play-by-post games at the moment, both are 2nd Edition AD&D. It's really the only system I know.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I forgot to mention Call of Cthulhu. Loved playing that game. There are others I can't recall at the moment, also. I have a lot of friends who work in or have worked in that business.
---

RPGamer
Apprentice

Post by RPGamer »

I'm 16 and have only been playing for about 3 years, but I've played 3.5 D&D, Rifts, Mechwarrior, Hero System 5th Edition, Vampire the Masquerade, and a couple others that I can't remember right now

Edit I've also played Gamma World and Superheroes Unlimited
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

RPGamer wrote:I'm 16 and have only been playing for about 3 years, but I've played 3.5 D&D, Rifts, Mechwarrior, Hero System 5th Edition, Vampire the Masquerade, and a couple others that I can't remember right now

Edit I've also played Gamma World and Superheroes Unlimited
That's the new version of Gamma World, right? Another game we played sometimes that I forgot about. Weird fun, that game.
---

Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

What is Gamma World? How it works? The setting?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Nevermore wrote:What is Gamma World? How it works? The setting?
It's a post-apocalyptic game with radioactive mutation and lost technologies needing to be rediscovered and so on.
---

Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Nevermore wrote:What is Gamma World? How it works? The setting?
It's a post-apocalyptic game with radioactive mutation and lost technologies needing to be rediscovered and so on.
Like Fallout?
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

On post-apocalyptic setting a nice indie rpg is Apocalypse World by Vincet D. Baker.

http://theunstore.com/index.php/unstore/game/83
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

I have played, AD&D 2ED, trying 3.5 but honestly it is really not the same. They have messed up the game. I also played rifts, Vampire, Werewolf, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, cthulhu, Gamma World, Paranoia....that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

I am now, thanks to the late and great DL, playing some PbP on the RPoL.net website.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

I've bought a long ago the ShadowRun 2.5 handbook, but I played only a couple of adventures (my game party usually likes fantasy settings).