Age of Decadence

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
kelticpete
Council Member

Age of Decadence

Post by kelticpete »

anyone play beta?

few games have had so many incredible things and so many wonky/crap things at same time.

I finsished the beta as a drifter who went high charisma who never chose combat, and in the one battle I was forced into, I had minions and I literally just ran (in turn based combat) as they took out the bad guys. It was exactly what a guy with low str/dex/con and zero combat training would do!

that was cool questline. the writing/story/world is effing incredible. like I wish it was a book.

the skills are crazy. you often need a certain skill check to win a challenge and if you win it you get more skill points to spend. so you spend points in things to get more points. it is weird.
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Age of Decadence

Post by blatherbeard »

Sure looks promising.

25 dollar price tag may dissuade some, but it sure looks well worth it to me.

May have to pick this up on payday.

ps. theres also a demo on steam.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

I've spent quite a bit of time on it, very fun.

Now I'm waiting until there's lots of new content compared to my last runs, before trying it again.

Recommended.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

The free demo is about less than about half the paid early release fyi
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Do you think there will ever actually be a full release? I've been waiting for about 5 years and have pretty much given up hope.
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Understandable, but they've made fairly good progress lately. Third monthly update came out (so I guess they've started a trend), and apparently they are on track to add 5 more areas shortly.

I had fun testing their Steam beta to smithereens before any of those updates, and there was plenty of good content at that point already.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Vaporware? :? I've been waiting for many years AoD and nothing came out.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

Farwalker wrote:I've spent quite a bit of time on it, very fun. [...]
Reminds me of the old Fallout (1+2) series, from a gameplay point of view. The character screen and the world interaction buttons (left hand, right hand / action points etc.) are very familiar. However, the Roman element does not fit into this picture. Or maybe it does someway because in Fallout 3 a faction called "Caesar´s Legion" emerges.
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

They've added another 5 areas to the game, among other things. Looks like steady progress.