Paper sorcerer = awesome

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Leezar
Marshall

Paper sorcerer = awesome

Post by Leezar »

I was surprised to not find a thread on paper sorcerer!

It is a good game that runs fine on my shitty 2 ghz computer with beutiful graphics and hand-drawn characters.
It is reminscent of old dungeon crawlers like Swords and Serpents (NES).

List of nice features;
* Nicely balanced
* Combat flows good, the difficulty is well adjusted to how leveled you will be when you get there
* Skills have cooldown and cost energy, and all allies (of which you may NOT recruit all of them, so you have to pick!) are unique. Allows for great tactical stuff.
* "Catacombs" to (super)level characters if you continously get your ass handed to you
* Many puzzles that yields nice rewards, but none essential for progress (so that you get stuck)
* Storyline neither dull nor pretentious
...and more
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Paper sorcerer = awesome

Post by SpottedShroom »

Ooh, turn based and Linux support! I'd prefer not first person, but I can probably deal.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Paper sorcerer = awesome

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I was pretty sure we talked about Paper Sorcerer a bit back when it was being kickstartered. I was one of the backers at the time (though for various reasons I haven't had a chance to finish the game, yet). It does have a very cool feel, though, and I love the aesthetic.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.