Serpent in the Staglands

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Leezar
Marshall

Serpent in the Staglands

Post by Leezar »

Havent played it but looks interesting.

http://www.gog.com/game/serpent_in_the_staglands

Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do right now :(
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
salsaman
Initiate

Re: Serpent in the Staglands

Post by salsaman »

Yeah, I just started playing this over the weekend. It has a very Eschalon like feel to it. The main difference is that you can have up to 5 members in your party. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
mercy
Apprentice

Post by mercy »

Scale from 1 to 10

Eschalon gameplay fun 10 TBS is king!

Serpent in the Staglands "fun" ~ 3

(:-/ WTH is that ADOM-wannabe character creation thingy? It chased me away..
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

I'm trying this now, just a bit into it. I quite like it so far.

Mercy, I'm thinking the interaction at the beginning may influence some aspects of the game plot. Character creation comes after that. You make one avatar for yourself, and as many other avatars as you want up to a maximum party of five. So you can custom tweak your whole party if you want, or you can go find interesting people to recruit, or any mix you like. You can kick out your extra avatars at any time, but they vaporize and you can't get them back later.

Some very interesting game mechanics, and a delightful old school vibe. Give yourself a bit of time to get into it and adjust, you may find yourself hooked! And dead. Very easily dead. :D