Shadowrun: Hong Kong

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
vdweller
Senior Steward

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Post by vdweller »

So, Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

(Warning: inevitable slightly off-topic rants included)

1) Matrix was improved in my opinion, but it still sucks compared to the Genesis version of Shadowrun.
2) Good story, lots of dialogue. Although I'm used to reading stuff from screens (I read books from my tiny mobile screen-you know, black background, white letters), my eyes were really tired reading all these lines from my PC monitor. It really tested my patience.
3) Eventually abandoned it at the final mission. Just lost interest. As a disclaimer of great justice, I have become increasingly bored over the past few years when it comes to games. My tolerance threshold is so low I can't see it anymore.
Batman Arkham Origins -> Dumped it midway.
Civilization Beyond Earth -> Dumped it after 3-4 plays.
Massive Chalice -> Dumped it after 20 or so battles.
etc.
BUT!
STASIS: Finished it in 3 days - great game!
XCOM with LONG WAR mod - Played and played and played...
Technobabylon - Loved it.
So I guess SR:Hong Kong just wasn't good enough to grab me by the balls through all this "been there, done that", more-of-the-same stuff, and take me to the ending.
5) Music was pretty good. Until you hear the same track for the 500th time.

I don't know. Have you tried it? What's your take?
Parasolsyndicate
Initiate

Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Post by Parasolsyndicate »

I'd suggest finishing it- the ending(s) are decent, but the last mission is a lot of fun, with the final fight being something of a centerpiece.

It's not as good as Dragonfall, but it's better than 90% of what's produced these days.