Basilisk Games Announces Eschalon: Book II

Basilisk Games Press Releases
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Basilisk Games Announces Eschalon: Book II

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Basilisk Games announces Eschalon: Book II

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana – June 10, 2008 – Basilisk Games, an independent computer game developer specializing in role-playing games, today announced that Eschalon: Book II has entered full production and is expected to be released Q2 2009 for Windows, Macintosh and Linux-based computers.

The sequel to the 2007 acclaimed role-playing game Eschalon: Book I, Book II will continue the storyline from where it ended in the previous game and feature more than 60 gameplay enhancements.

"Basilisk Games is very excited to announce that we will be releasing Book II early next year. Classic, old-school computer role-playing is very much a viable market and we have been happy with the consumer response to Book I." commented Thomas Riegsecker, Lead Developer of the Eschalon series. "Book II will be an exciting step forward for the series."

No previous experience with Book I will be needed to enjoy Book II as the in-game narrative will guide unfamiliar players into the realm of Eschalon- a medieval fantasy world on the brink of war. The game will take players across multiple regions as they seek to further uncover the mystery surrounding their character's past. With an updated graphic engine, interface enhancements and gameplay improvements taken directly from fan suggestions, Book II will be an adventure no RPG enthusiast will want to miss!

About the Eschalon series:

Eschalon: Book II is the second game in a trilogy of RPGs designed to have a play style similar to classic RPGs of the 80's and 90's. With a focus on a single-player storyline, statistically driven character development and turn-based combat, Eschalon: Book II features a style of gameplay rarely seen anymore in commercial games.

About Basilisk Games:

Founded in 2005, Basilisk Games is an independent game developer located in Indianapolis, Indiana. The company's mission is to produce compelling old-school computer role-playing games for gamers who still remember what great computer RPGs used to be about: "Single-player. Turn-based. Stat heavy. Story driven". For more information, visit Basilisk Games online at http://basiliskgames.com

Press inquiries may be forwarded to info@basiliskgames.com
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.