cd key

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
smcabee
Pledge

cd key

Post by smcabee »

I bought the game and beat it. Now I had to reformat the HD due to some issues and want to play again. Is there someone I can email to get my cd key resent to me?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Email me with your order number and I'll send you a new download link.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

When I set up a computer, I always partition the hard drive into at least two partitions - one for the system and one for data storage - generally, you need a max of 25GB if you're a messy Windows user, for the system partition, but less if you're not messy or use a better OS. This leaves the rest for data storage.

The advantage of this is that you can flatten the system partition as much as you like for re-installation without affecting your stored data. Save all your downloads etc to the data partition and, if using Windows, move your My Documents there.

You can set email clients to store email there; keep your browser bookmarks there, set your applications to save there etc. If you need to reinstall, then you just point everything back to the data partition.

Better than that is to have separate drives. That way, you keep your data even if there's a system drive failure. Or RAID everything... the important point, though, is the separation of OS and data.
smcabee
Pledge

Post by smcabee »

Thanks BasiliskWrangler that worked.