Item description list

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Variol
Apprentice

Item description list

Post by Variol »

Is there such a thing available to look at? Some items leave me somewhat perplexed. Like the lantern for example. Is there a way I can charge it up/refill it to use instead of a torch? Some other items leave me with questions as well.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Item description list

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If you have oil and a wick, there might be a way to put them in the lantern. Almost like mixing a potion. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Variol
Apprentice

Post by Variol »

Thanks,
What about all the other stuff though?

Sorry, I meant to post this in the general discussion, not here.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler can confirm this, but I believe the item lists are intentionally left out so that users can have the fun of discovering things themselves. I'm still looking for a way to use those extra giant larvae. When you click Use, it makes you eat them (yuck). :wink:
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

And what about the Incinerating Oil?, has anybody found some use????, I mean, besides throwing it to your enemies (which makes a great fire explosion!!!! :twisted: ), There is also an incineratign chamber at the crypt in the beggining but it is empty.... maybe they both go togheter.... What about the silver ware???, What about the salt????? anybody any ideas????, Ht ink ???? and so on.....
Variol
Apprentice

Post by Variol »

I have a feeling these were things that were changed and not removed in the last minute and now we're left wondering what the heck they are.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The Incinerating Oil is given to you simply as a one-time "super weapon" to be used towards whatever you want.

Other items, such as salt and silverware, are just common world items with no use. In an fantasy world, you would expect to find "everyday items" like these from time-to-time. There is some value to certain items (such is the fine porcelain plates and cups) and those can be sold to put some gold in your pocket. Oblivion is the example that comes to mind when I think of an RPG with many items like this.

You might be comparing Eschalon to an Adventure game where practically every item you find has a purpose in solving the game. This isn't the case with most RPGs.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Thanks for claryfing us about those items.... I tought some salt would go pretty well with the fish, but ..... well anyway lets sell it!!!!, and have thought about havign some use for them in Book II?, I mean obviously a pouch of salt, and some fine porcelain will not solve the world's problem, but they could interact some how (maybe at camping jejeje)