Lost the use of my Spells

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Nicholeas
Pledge

Lost the use of my Spells

Post by Nicholeas »

Hello Guys,

For some reason I lost the use of my Spells, The game says I have set them to slot one, but they aren't there. I Can't Right Click them or left click them for that matter. I don't get any messages when I do.

Please Help.

Sign,

Nicoleas
Jude
Council Member

Re: Lost the use of my Spells

Post by Jude »

Have you tried setting them to different slot numbers? I vaguely remember having some sort of problem with slot one where it would get overwritten automatically for some reason, but I don't remember the details... I have the Mac version, though.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Nicholeas
Pledge

Post by Nicholeas »

Hello Jude,

How do I set it up to a New Slot? H was barely able to figure out how to set it up for Slot one.
I bought mine from Reflexive, as a down-load. I didn't get instructions, so I had to wing it. Also when you do say how to select another slot, how do I use it what key on mouse do I use or keyboard.

Sign,

Nicoleas
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

(On my Mac) I click on the spell menu icon at the top (red), click on the spell I want so it is highlighted, then with one hand holding down one of the number keys (1-0) I click at the bottom bar of the spell list. Spell list diappears. Now hit the key number you choose and in the upper left hand corner of the screen the spell should appear. Whenever you have a target in sight (ie. pointer on top of enemy) click the right mouse button. Spell is cast and your ready to do the same over and over until enemy is dead. Now if you have a protection spell under, say #3 key, click on 3, it pops on screen, cast the spell and then remember to click on your attack spell so it is ready. The number 1 key is default key and will take all the spells one after the other if you forget to hold the number key down when picking your choice. You have to go back to make it the one you want. The other numbers are stable unless you change them later. In other words, you can have 10 spells ready at a time, just hit the number key, click the mouse and WHAM! :P
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Yep, exactly what Dragonlady wrote!

As for instruction, there should be a file in your game folder called:
Eschalon Players Manual.pdf
and also a file called:
Help.html

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Jude wrote:Yep, exactly what Dragonlady wrote!

As for instruction, there should be a file in your game folder called:
Eschalon Players Manual.pdf
and also a file called:
Help.html

Jude

You might not see it at first. Search around by moving the bar at the side down. When I opend the game file to start it up all I saw was the game icon. Then I moved the inside screen around and at the very bottom saw the Players Manual.pdf. Kinda wierd to be that far down instead of near the top. Shrug.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!