Download question...

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Rush
Senior Council Member

Download question...

Post by Rush »

A while back, my wife purchased the game for me. We still have the e-mail receipt and the download link, but the download link no longer works.

I had to re-install the game from the link several times do to problems with my computer (which is working fine, now) and I figure that is most likely why the link says something like:

<---you have exceeded the allowed number of downloads-->

I'd like to download the full game again, and am wondering how to make that happen?

Thanks....

---Rush
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Download question...

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Send me your order number, or your real name, and I can activate a new download link for you.

The email address is in my profile.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Thank you. We (wife and I) received your email saying you sent out a new code, so we'll check our email now and then for it. Did you send it to the same address?

We might be getting a new (or rather, rebuilt) computer either sometime this month, or January, or after taxes. Not sure yet the which of it. When the time comes, I am going to put the game on that comp (along with Book II when it comes out), and that's where the games will stay come hell or high water (grins).

Just a quick thought here:

When I received the full game last time, I installed it on my father-in-law's computer "and" on my mother-in law's computer so that when visiting, I could play upon either computer, provided one or the other was available (no one there plays the game but me). Add that to the several times I downloaded it to my own computer and...is that why the original full game download link expired. Are there only so many times a person can download from a code link? Or, is there a time limit involved, or...is that a secret you never give out. Just curious I guess.

Thank you again!
---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Checked email...received the link.

Time to download, and maybe play it a bit.

I guess I can sleep tomorrow night.

Thanks again...

---Rush.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Rush wrote:Thank you. We (wife and I) received your email saying you sent out a new code, so we'll check our email now and then for it. Did you send it to the same address?
Yes.
When I received the full game last time, I installed it on my father-in-law's computer "and" on my mother-in law's computer so that when visiting, I could play upon either computer, provided one or the other was available (no one there plays the game but me). Add that to the several times I downloaded it to my own computer and...is that why the original full game download link expired. Are there only so many times a person can download from a code link? Or, is there a time limit involved, or...is that a secret you never give out. Just curious I guess.
That is handled by our order processing provider Plimus. I believe it's just a simple time-limited link. No big deal- if it expires again, I can always re-activate a new link. Or, just take the install file and back it up to a CD and you'll never need to download it again.
Thank you again!
No, thank you for your order. :)
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

I don't suppose you could send a link for the download again? I've been having trouble downloading the file. My computer times out, or freezes at about 13%, and that's as far as I ever get. Going to try it on my father in law's computer, then cart it to mine on disk.

Thanks...
---Rush.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Rush wrote:I don't suppose you could send a link for the download again? I've been having trouble downloading the file. My computer times out, or freezes at about 13%, and that's as far as I ever get. Going to try it on my father in law's computer, then cart it to mine on disk.
Done.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

I am not sure whether or not you have the game on disk for sale at this time, or not, but if you do, or are planning to, I would gladly purchase the game again (on disk) so that I could have a permanent copy on this end.

Oh, and thanks for sending the link again. If I actually new anything of substance regarding computers, I wouldn't have had to waste your time. I am sorry about that.

Thanks...

---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Sorry...I'm kind of bouncing around the boards here.

I finally did get the game downloaded and installed. The problem is...when I click on the game, I hear the music, but see a black screen. Then...a white diamond shape appears (which is most likely the Basilisk logo) which moves up the screen and just like that...I'm booted from the game.

I'm certain it's not the download, because I have the demo on disk, and after reinstalling that, the demo does the same thing too now. Anyone have that problem yet?

Ah well...a new, or at least rebuilt, computer is on the horizon, so I'll wait it out...

---Rush.