Darkness...

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Rush
Senior Council Member

Darkness...

Post by Rush »

So I've been tinkering with my current computer, seeing whether or not I am able to get the game up to occupy my time, and I've made some progress.

When clicking upon the game icon, a vertical rectangle screen comes up (say...about 4 inches by about 7). This I know to be the start screen which contains options. Well...mine remains black. Having previously played the game, I know where to click to start the game.

Next, in full screen, I get (along with the music) a black-screened star background for a bit until everything goes totally black and remains that way. I can click a bit in the general area where my options should be, and can get into the character creation screen, but it does me no real good not being able to see.

Now, I "am" waiting on a better computer (where I will install the game for good) but...trying to get the game running upon this one has become a bit of a fun obsession, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should attempt next (grins).

As always, thanks for listening...

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Rush
Senior Council Member

Re: Darkness...

Post by Rush »

Sorry...forgot to mention the fact that the game "did" work upon this computer awhile back. I just messed something up by using CCleaner, a downloadable program found upon the web.

---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Definitely getting my computer rebuilt, verses purchasing a new one. It wasn't about the money...it was one of those "better the devil you know" type situations, so I'll be up and gaming again soon, and no longer need tech support.

---Rush.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I stopped working after CCleaner? Have you tried reinstalling DirectX and then your latest video drivers? I bet that will fix your problem.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Thanks for the info-! I'm going to attempt those things now.

---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

No luck. The game is there...just no graphics.
Ah well...

---Rush.