Potential game breaker - stuck in a patch of trees!

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Junon
Initiate

Potential game breaker - stuck in a patch of trees!

Post by Junon »

Hi all,

I have really been enjoying this game but I just encountered a nasty bug that I'm hoping there may be some workaround for.

I just completed Grimmhold and was heading through the forest to my destination. I took the north fork and encountered some random enemies. Since it was night I headed for the shadows for cover. I stayed in the shadows after defeating the enemies, and when the next map of the northern forest loaded, I was stuck in the middle of a grove of trees with no way out! I also saved as soon as the map loaded and before I realized what had happened.

My last save is only an hour or two back so it wouldn't be too much to make up, but is there any easy way out of this? A cheat of some sort to move my character a couple of tiles over? If I install the editor I've been reading about in the other thread, can I create an exit from the trees? It might not be easy but I'd be willing to try.

Thanks for any help!
Junon
Initiate

Re: Potential game breaker - stuck in a patch of trees!

Post by Junon »

OK, I think the editor can do what I need but I can only get it to load the 'data' map of the area and not the 'savegame' map.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Can you QuickTravel back to town?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Junon
Initiate

Post by Junon »

Heh, in my desperation I never even thought to try it. ;) In the end I just rolled back and redid everything up to that point.