Can't we just let bygones be bygones?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Pistachio
Pledge

Can't we just let bygones be bygones?

Post by Pistachio »

Greetings,
Been enjoying the game muchly so far, but I've had one slight, tiny issue. It's my fault, really. You see, I like to narrate my experience as I play my games, and I have a willing victim who listens to me on Ventrilo. But it just so happens that left-shift is my Ventrilo transmit button, and it just so happens that I was pressing it in the Enchanter's shop in Blackwater, when... I accidentally must have attacked the poor sap that runs the place. Now, I didn't even notice I had done so because the owner just stood there and didn't bother attacking me.. so I went along my merry way, continuing on the game and, well.. saving my progress. Then, on my returning to the town, I noticed I could not talk to the owner and alls I could do was attack. I tried loading a previous save file, but it appears as if I've saved over them with this mistake.

So, long story short, I've managed to permanently make an enemy out of the owner of the Enchanter shop and I'd like to know if there were any way to.. "apologize" to said person. I've tried letting a couple of nights pass, thinking maybe we could just let bygones be bygones and I could come back and all would be forgiven. But, sadly, that just isn't the case. So, is there anything I could do? Edit a character file? Something? :cry:
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Can't we just let bygones be bygones?

Post by dare49devil »

-Greetings, I love the fact you have a lovely victim to listen to your gameplay in ventrilo! I almost would want to listen. Hah. But anyway, to your question, there are two ways I know of.

-One is to learn a certain spell that exists. Cast it. And, well. Love everywhere!

-Second is to reset the map, that specific zone I should say.

-I prefer the first one. =P
Pistachio
Pledge

Post by Pistachio »

Awesome, thanks for the fast response!

Well, I decided to try the second route because my ranger is only equipped with a feeble understanding of the divination school (3 skill points), but it seems as if that's not working. I wonder if it is bugged. I've basically just tried using swift travel to Aridell, and then using it back to Blackwater and the owner is still upset with me. I've even tried manually zoning out and in, instead of using swift travel, and that didn't work either. :cry:

If the only other option is the spell, well then it's time my ranger donned that wizard hat that he has been carrying around. Now I just need to actually find a scroll whose spell fits that description... lol
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

Pistachio wrote:Awesome, thanks for the fast response!

Well, I decided to try the second route because my ranger is only equipped with a feeble understanding of the divination school (3 skill points), but it seems as if that's not working. I wonder if it is bugged. I've basically just tried using swift travel to Aridell, and then using it back to Blackwater and the owner is still upset with me. I've even tried manually zoning out and in, instead of using swift travel, and that didn't work either. :cry:

If the only other option is the spell, well then it's time my ranger donned that wizard hat that he has been carrying around. Now I just need to actually find a scroll whose spell fits that description... lol
-By reset I meant hard reset...Into your files. So when you zone back in the whole map is black, as if you haven't explored it yet.