fast game

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Haccduder
Pledge

fast game

Post by Haccduder »

I've been playing through the Echalon book 1 demo; really enjoying what you guys did with this game, when as I'm playing through, my machine crashes due to stuff I have running and installing in the background. This tends to happen alot to this box as it doesn't get enough airflow. But anyway, I bring it back up, hoping to jump right back in, and now I see it seems like the machine is allocating way to many resources to this game. Although I do get in without crashes or anything, a simple mouseclick makes my character run 5 squares.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself, I've tried running a registry repair application, and I've tried to re-download a new package and reinstalling, but none of this seems to work. To further complicate the issue, it also runs in a window all the time. Now, I'm not a systems administrator (I'm a net admin) but it seems to me like the registry settings as they apply to this game got F'ed up. What would your guys take on this problem be? Aside from the registry, is there other files could control the settings of this game and how it runs?

The OS i'm running is windows 7 64bit

I hope to get this back up as I would like to purpchase this game when I'm through with the demo, but If I can't get it running normaly there is no point.
Haccduder
Pledge

Re: fast game

Post by Haccduder »

Fixed myself. For anyone else who may have similar issues.

The game wasn't reading the values on eschalon.cfg correctly. Simply reinserting the values fixed this. This file is under eschalon saved games folder