Typos?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

PhilosophiX wrote:It's a straight swap from 'of' to 'a' [and catching the you(r)]
Ah yes, your way does sound better. Well, I'm not a native speaker anyway (my usual excuse <grin>).
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

PhilosophiX wrote:Shouldn't a nefarious healer be something like Witchdoctor... that would keep the Warlock free for all the fireball hurling.
A witch doctor isn't nefarious but something like a shaman. Which by the way would be a more fitting title for a druidic magic user than Conjuror, while Conjuror might be more apt for an atheist magic user than Illusionist.
I was trying to suggest that Necromancer would be a more appropriate title for a nefarious healer than Warlock.
Azael
Initiate

Post by Azael »

The Berserker epilogue mentions viscous goblins...
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Porter: Owl's Roost Tavern, you say to him;

"What do you got for sale?"

should be:

"What do you have for sale?"
or
"What have you got for sale?"
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

VPeric wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:It's a straight swap from 'of' to 'a' [and catching the you(r)]
Ah yes, your way does sound better. Well, I'm not a native speaker anyway (my usual excuse <grin>).
Well you're doing better than most brits :)
Anyway, that was just one of the many that you did get.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

In the magick guild in Blackwater you're told that the guild isn't accepting new members "do to the ongoing conflict" - should be due, obviously.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

1.01 .. lilith says 'Rather THEN defend this region' .. should be THAN.
syrio
Apprentice

Post by syrio »

When talking to Paul, the sick man, he says: "I was able to restick the wax seal on the fake letter so that it looked legitAmate."
Wharyoo
Initiate

Post by Wharyoo »

If anyone playing a Nefariuos character and deal successful "Malice damage" the combat log says: Nerfarious Savage Attack...

I saw it earlier, but forgot to report, sry :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Innkeeper in Blackwater says,

"Greetings to you, guest of Blackater. I am Eeru, owner of the Lonely Spirits tavern. Relax and have a drink! I a room available if you need a bed for the night."

Should it read 'I have a room....?

I checked the other pages and didn't see anyone else report this.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Noceur
Initiate

Post by Noceur »

Found a typo (patch 1.02), When trying to close a door and you're standing in the doorway:

"You are standing in there doorway and cannot close the door!"
should be:
"You are standing in the doorway and cannot close the door!"
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

"Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute. Here, let me get you a bit of coin from the city's coffer. You deserve this."

might I suggest: 'coinage' which means coins collectively and would make more sense.
Noceur
Initiate

Post by Noceur »

PhilosophiX wrote:William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

"Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute. Here, let me get you a bit of coin from the city's coffer. You deserve this."

might I suggest: 'coinage' which means coins collectively and would make more sense.
Actually, "coin" can be used to describe a number of coins. Ex. "He's got plenty of coin in the bank."

I'm more concerned about the first part of the sentence: "Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute."
Should be something like:
"Well, I'm not worried about it right this minute." or
"Well, I've got no worries about it right this minute."
miles foreman
Initiate

Post by miles foreman »

Here's one from the Goblin wizard in the citadel, he says "controll" instead of "control."
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Noceur wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

Actually, "coin" can be used to describe a number of coins. Ex. "He's got plenty of coin in the bank."

I'm more concerned about the first part of the sentence: "Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute."
Should be something like:
"Well, I'm not worried about it right this minute." or
"Well, I've got no worries about it right this minute."
Good man. That's probably just my own fingers slipping from s to d though, rather than an in game typo, but well spotted. That's what I get for not proofing my own posts. ;)

Never heard of coin as plural, but I see you are right.