Book 1 Steam version run very slow on ION2 netbooks

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
epsiloneod
Pledge

Book 1 Steam version run very slow on ION2 netbooks

Post by epsiloneod »

Hi,

I am currently running Book 1 on an Asus EeePc 1015PN with 512Mb ION2 graphic card, 2Gb of memory and W7 premium. As the game seems to work, it still have very bad performance (rating around 37 even on low level details). I've tried to run it on 16b or 32b with no change and it only accept to work on DirectX 800x600.

Does anyone have an idea to improve performances ? Just as a comparaison, Two Worlds works perfectly on 1024x600 at 60FPS...

Thanks for your help
epsiloneod
Pledge

Re: Book 1 Steam version run very slow on ION2 netbooks

Post by epsiloneod »

No help ?

Is there a way to contact support team ?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

What happens when you select the OpenGL option? I find it very odd that an nvidia-base graphics chip would not allow you to use OGL acceleration unless there was some sort of driver issue. The ION2 platform is very new, so there's probably still some kinks to work out performance-wise. Unfortunately comparing an isometric vs a 3D engine isn't going to offer a great deal of insight, as they likely handle visual data differently.

You can try sending an email to info at basiliskgames dot com, and allow a day or so for response time.
epsiloneod
Pledge

Post by epsiloneod »

Hi Bernie,

I've tried the open gl option either on full screen and on window, and the result is worst : up to 50 on the performance indicator...

I really do not understand why ION2 is so slow with such software...

By the way, I'll follow your advice and will contact Basilisk. :)