Restoring a game after death, sometimes random placement

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Restoring a game after death, sometimes random placement

Post by tiresius »

Hello there-

I have the demo, and I've died a few times and restored the game, and I've also just restored a game while in the middle of playing. And sometimes with both these methods my character ends up in random places on the map. One time he was put in the middle of the map, in a spot he hadn't been in before. One time he even ended up stuck in trees on the south-west side of the map directly north of the starting map.

I can't get it to happen at will but just thought I'd throw it out there if others might see it too.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, very odd. It is a rare occurrence and only a few people have reported it. I will keep looking for a solution, and hopefully you (or someone else) might be able to provide more clues to what is causing it.

Thanks for the report.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Happened to me twice. The first, random placement dying and restoring from save. And I've had a random placement starting a new game.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.