Fuzzy Text

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
nerelas
Initiate

Fuzzy Text

Post by nerelas »

It seems my text in letters, books and things like that are rather fuzzy, and fiddling with options doesn't seem to make it look sharper like in the Screenshots. Anything I can do to maybe rectify this? It's really the only thing that seems to bother me with this.

Thanks alot in advance.
nerelas
Initiate

Post by nerelas »

figured I'd take a quick SS and show what i mean.

As you can see it's a bit hard to read that particular type of text. Thanks again guys.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Oh! Yuck! I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing that.

Of course, try the obvious first:
- Try the game in OpenGL
- Try the game in 16-bit instead of 32-bit
- Update your video drivers
- Update your DirectX drivers

Let me know if these work for you.
nerelas
Initiate

Post by nerelas »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Oh! Yuck! I'm sorry, I don't know what is causing that.

Of course, try the obvious first:
- Try the game in OpenGL
- Try the game in 16-bit instead of 32-bit
- Update your video drivers
- Update your DirectX drivers

Let me know if these work for you.
Tried all of that + fiddling with my own computers resolution and running it in windowed mode doesn't help either. It's a rather odd little tidbit i know.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Have you tried turning Microsoft Clear Type (or whatever it's called) on and off?
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
feyuey
Initiate

Post by feyuey »

same problem here...will try the clear type suggestion later and post the result in this thread.
Discreet
Pledge

Post by Discreet »

Hi everyone. I had the same problem, and I think I know a solution.
I use ATI Tray tools, and under the Open GL settings I can adjust the MipMap detail and Texture Preference.
When these settings are on "High Performance" I get the same fuzzy text. On high quality everything is perfect.
So if you have a program that controls you VGA, try to max out the MipMap and Texture settings for best quality.
Maybe you can adjust MipMap settings in your vga control panel.
nerelas
Initiate

Post by nerelas »

Discreet wrote:Hi everyone. I had the same problem, and I think I know a solution.
I use ATI Tray tools, and under the Open GL settings I can adjust the MipMap detail and Texture Preference.
When these settings are on "High Performance" I get the same fuzzy text. On high quality everything is perfect.
So if you have a program that controls you VGA, try to max out the MipMap and Texture settings for best quality.
Maybe you can adjust MipMap settings in your vga control panel.
Nice! I have the Ati Catalyst tray tools as well and my setting was also on High Performance, setting the mipmap settings to High Quality made it come out perfect!
Thanks alot for the help!
feyuey
Initiate

Post by feyuey »

nerelas wrote:
Nice! I have the Ati Catalyst tray tools as well and my setting was also on High Performance, setting the mipmap settings to High Quality made it come out perfect!
Thanks alot for the help!
worked for me too! thanks for posting. :D