Every grid I walk lags (D2D stutter issue & solution)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Paullus
Pledge

Re: Every grid I walk lags (D2D stutter issue & solution)

Post by Paullus »

Helli83 wrote:Any news on that? Still playing the demo (the save file can be used in the full version) but I'm waiting for the fixed full version. :cry:

Edit: Great, a mail arrived just seconds ago. Hope that version works! :D
Yes, everything worked fine for me! The solution provided by Basilisk Games support is 100% working. :D
Helli83
Pledge

Post by Helli83 »

Paullus wrote:Yes, everything worked fine for me! The solution provided by Basilisk Games support is 100% working. :D
Yeah, got my mail yesterday and now everything's fine. Great support! :D
MIK3K
Pledge

Post by MIK3K »

How long does it take to get your email for this problem? I sent my email 2 days ago and just wondering.

Thanks.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Our apologies to anyone who has sent us an email recently and waited for a response.

We are a small company, and summertime means kids out of school, vacations, family reunions, etc. Quite honestly, the studio has been in "minimum operation" mode for the past few weeks. And that means emails have taken a bit longer for us to properly respond to.

If you are still waiting on a email, we'll get through the back-log in the next couple days. Thanks for your patience!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MIK3K
Pledge

Post by MIK3K »

No problem. Just wanted to make sure my email didn't end up lost in the internet. I have Book II also and a few other games to keep me busy.

Thanks

Edit - Maybe you should (although probably have) talk to D2D about this problem as it affects a number of people who buy from their site. I use D2D and Steam because I''m pretty much an idiot about keeping track of what game needs what fix. They make it really easy to reinstall after an upgrade or reinstall of the operating system every year or so.

Thanks again and enjoy your summer.

Second edit - Got it today. Thank you.
Bernoulli
Initiate

Post by Bernoulli »

Hey, are you guys still heavily backlogged? I don't mean to sound rushy (I'm going to be away from the computer for a week anyways), but I was just curious as to an ETA for a response. I sent an email 5 days ago.

Thanks again for your commitment to your customers. It's rare to see that in a developer nowadays.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Bernoulli wrote:Hey, are you guys still heavily backlogged? I don't mean to sound rushy (I'm going to be away from the computer for a week anyways), but I was just curious as to an ETA for a response. I sent an email 5 days ago.

Thanks again for your commitment to your customers. It's rare to see that in a developer nowadays.
Sorry, we were away from the studio for a few days this week so email backed up again. We should have all email answered before the start of the weekend.

Thanks everyone!
Bernoulli
Initiate

Post by Bernoulli »

I got the email and the problem is fixed! Thanks again.
Nalain
Pledge

Post by Nalain »

Got the same lag problem and sent the email as suggested earlier (no reply yet though), otherwise a great game. :)
Khay
Pledge

Post by Khay »

I also have the D2D stutter problem and have sent an e-mail August 11th. Is there anything else I can do to speed up the response? It drives me crazy not having a mini-map, but I really want to play the game.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Khay wrote:I also have the D2D stutter problem and have sent an e-mail August 11th. Is there anything else I can do to speed up the response? It drives me crazy not having a mini-map, but I really want to play the game.
You should have received a response. Perhaps the email was thrown into your junk folder?

I am catching on a few days worth of email now. I'll go back to the 11th and resend any previous response.
Khay
Pledge

Post by Khay »

I got the new e-mail. I have no idea what could have happened to the old one. Thanks for the quick response to my post!
Jay-El
Pledge

Post by Jay-El »

I'm loving the game but the stutter is a growing annoyance! I sent an email 5 days ago and still waiting for a reply. Gonna press on with my adventures until then. This game is too good to put to rest. :)

Update: Got the email today. Thanks!