No working download. - SOLVED

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
clivegshep
Initiate

No working download. - SOLVED

Post by clivegshep »

This all started last Saturday and I am trying very hard to be patient.

I sent an e-mail to Basilisk customer support saying I had bought Book 1 many years ago, could not find the details and did they have any records of my purchase.

Today, they kindly sent me a link to download. Unfortunately it was a non-working Primus link.

While waiting for a reply I bought the game again last Sunday. I got another non-working Primus link.

Searching through this forum it seems to be a common problem.

In quite a few posts I saw BW saying send me an e-mail, the address is in my profile. So I registered so that I could view his profile. There is no e-mail address in BW's profile.

Now Basilisk is telling me to contact Primus (because their support e-mail address is not monitored). Primas are telling me to contact Basilisk.

I have now bought the game twice and still can't play it.

Patience is turning into frustration.
Last edited by clivegshep on August 22nd, 2012, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: No working download.

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

clivegshep wrote:This all started last Saturday and I am trying very hard to be patient.

I sent an e-mail to Basilisk customer support saying I had bought Book 1 many years ago, could not find the details and did they have any records of my purchase.
We get a lot of emails, and when we have to look through 5 year old records for purchase info, it takes some time. I am very sorry for the delay.
clivegshep wrote:Today, they kindly sent me a link to download. Unfortunately it was a non-working Primus link.

While waiting for a reply I bought the game again last Sunday. I got another non-working Primus link.

Searching through this forum it seems to be a common problem.

In quite a few posts I saw BW saying send me an e-mail, the address is in my profile. So I registered so that I could view his profile. There is no e-mail address in BW's profile.
The email listed on our "About Us" page gets an email straight to me.
clivegshep wrote:Now Basilisk is telling me to contact Primus (because their support e-mail address is not monitored). Primas are telling me to contact Basilisk.

I have now bought the game twice and still can't play it.

Patience is turning into frustration.
You are probably reading some generic text that was included with your purchase. I would never tell you to contact Plimus for any reason, other than billing issues. They can't really help you when it comes to getting your game.

Please watch your email. I will send you a direct download link, coming straight from our own server. This link will not expire for a couple weeks. Please download the game and back it up for future installs.

I am sorry that you've had some frustration trying to get something you paid for.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
clivegshep
Initiate

Re: No working download. - SOLVED

Post by clivegshep »

Please watch your email. I will send you a direct download link, coming straight from our own server. This link will not expire for a couple weeks. Please download the game and back it up for future installs.

Thank you. A successful download and backed up for future installs. :lol:

You are probably reading some generic text that was included with your purchase. I would never tell you to contact Plimus for any reason, other than billing issues. They can't really help you when it comes to getting your game.

You are correct, Sir. It was a Primus e-mail I was reading. :oops:

Thank you again.