Mithril longsword ..

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Mithril longsword ..

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Gotta rate this as a bug - when I finally found this superb weapon it turned out to be no more damaging than a steel longsword, which I'd already bought, and it WEIGHED 0.5 lb MORE than the steel one.

And no, it isn't even shatter proof ...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yep, that isn't right. Upon reviewing, I see that we needed to adjust up a couple swords.

Version 1.02 will have this fixed, as well as several improved "upper range" swords.
Opunaesala
Apprentice

Post by Opunaesala »

I use it just because its mithril. Couple with 2 rings of the assassin with +5 to hit and +2 to damage and some hand armor that have the same +5 to hit and +2 to damage, my melee dude beats things down.

I had some seriously lucky drops this playthrough.
Zoggles
Initiate

Two handed weapons?

Post by Zoggles »

Shouldn't the larger weapons eg 'Claymore' and 'Great Axe' or the 'Great War Maul' which weigh almost twice as much as their presumably single handed counterparts and do a lot more damage be two handed? I seem to be able to wield a claymore and carry a shield at the same time..

-Z-
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Zoggles: yes, it has been pointed out we have some inconsistencies with weapon weight. We will make some adjustments for 1.03.

In Book I there is no formal "two-handed weapon" status, although as you pointed out a Claymore should be. Book II will have a significantly improved weapons classification system.
Zoggles
Initiate

Post by Zoggles »

Other than the bow of course.... ;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

You're right. Crossbows and Polearms are two other two-handed weapons that I personally want to add to Book II. I've always fancied the Halberd.