Patch 1.02

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Loriac
Senior Steward

Post by Loriac »

Skyleak wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:
Skyleak wrote:I still laugh at the water animation flowing north/ NE. Guess it's part of the Fantasy lol.
What's so funny about that?
Most rivers in the world flow South, it's unusual to see it flowing theoretically "up"
Taken from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River

A misconception, is that most, or even all, rivers flow from north to south.[3][4] Rivers in fact flow down gradient irrespective of direction, often in a complex meandering path involving all directions of the compass.[5][6][7]

As it happens, few major rivers in the continental US flow north, as most of the country is located in the watershed of the Pacific or Atlantic oceans or the Gulf of Mexico, with very few rivers flowing northward toward the Arctic Ocean, Great Lakes, or Hudson Bay. However, thousands of north-flowing rivers exist elsewhere, including such major watercourses as the Nile, Mackenzie, Rhine, Yenisei, Nelson, and Lena. Four of the ten longest river systems of the world flow mainly north.

Studying the flows of rivers is one aspect of hydrology.[8]
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Skyleak wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:
Skyleak wrote:I still laugh at the water animation flowing north/ NE. Guess it's part of the Fantasy lol.
What's so funny about that?
Most rivers in the world flow South, it's unusual to see it flowing theoretically "up"
Who said it had to flow in that direction? Just think of them as surface ripples blowing in the same direction as the wind. ;)
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
quasius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by quasius »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: Saxon1974: Inventory objects, like maps, get stored with your character's save, so changes I make in patches don't always show up in your saved game. Your Mithril Longsword is a perfect example. Because you already possess that version of the sword, it is stuck like that. I apologize. The next one you find in the game world should be the updated version.
What are the new Mithril Longsword stats? I had one already and want to just edit the one I already have to match the correct stats instead of waiting for another one / restarting.

Edit: The one I have does 6 base damage and Saxon said his did 5, so I probably have the updated version.
Riverstone
Initiate

Post by Riverstone »

hehe... that's so cute.
Siglature! Blessed Sartan!