Missing walls/barriers, walking into the "Void"

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Wharyoo
Initiate

Missing walls/barriers, walking into the "Void"

Post by Wharyoo »

I didn't find any other topic regarding this "issue" (except one, but it's not under the Support section), so I decided to start one here.
Players can report the missing walls/barriers here, so it's easy to debug/fix them.

I found 2, and they aren't fixed in the 1.02 patch (yet)

Blackwater Region (93,35)
Whistling Cave (62,123) & (62,124)

If any new found, please report it here, gather the info in one place.

Thanks in advance :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that any changes made to maps might not show up until you restart the game IF you have already visited the map that was fixed.

It works like this: once you visit a map for the first time, it is re-saved with the changes you've made to it, so to see any new changes to a map from a patch, you need to either: 1) restart the game or 2) go back to a save that is before you visited that map.

This is not that big of deal for most of you, because the only changes to maps have been barrier fixes. There has been no significant additions to any map that would warrant restarting. However, if you do restart, you can be assured of getting the latest maps.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

how do you get the map co-ords :roll:
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Iane wrote:how do you get the map co-ords :roll:
Try the "TAB"-key
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

I just came to open such topic and I'm glad it is already opened.

Sorry but I don't have Save near the place and I don't wanna go there to see exact coordinates.

The place is in "Baron's Thicket" with the Hunting Lodge and all and is the North-West (top-left) angle of the map - there you can walk to the next zone (the Vela's zone) to the west (left) and when you appear in Vela's zone you appear on water and you can walk over the water around all the Bottomless Lake :) (and you can range attack the monsters on the Vela's islands)

When you are in Vela's Zone over the water and you try to go to the zone West (left) occasionally you can find yourself "in the void".

When you are in Vela's Zone over the water and you try to go North (up) the game crashes to desktop.

And when you are in Vela's Zone over the water and you try to go to the zone South (down) which is Blackwater's Zone, you pass through without problem and continue to walk over the water there.

That is from me :)