Can't Quick Travel out of the southern area.

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
agnari
Senior Steward

Can't Quick Travel out of the southern area.

Post by agnari »

some message about find the southern gate.

Ok found the gate or a grill affair with no way to interact with it.

This is comeing east from getting the water from the osasis.

I came in from some cavern under O temple, is this the only way i can get back out?
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
Allorman
Initiate

Post by Allorman »

You need a specific key to open that gate, I think it's called an Odd Key or Flat Key or some such thing and it's a grayish hue.

Without that key you cannot exit through the eastern gates, unfortunately. There are other means of passage to and from Carakmir, however.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

i've read elsewhere that you can get into the captains office once and if you didn't take the chance to steal a key one was SOL. assuming here the captain's key is the one to unlock the southern gate. which all makes a lot of sense now with the lore of the game about the military/councilor locking down the exits.

i did a lot of wandering got over to the lighthouse and the tide was coming in and the small boat refused to go. so i light up the top torchs and left. no i think i did that before discovering the boat. light the torchs, found the boat and was forced into following H.G.'s sage advice Go West.

carpola just around the corner almost within spitting distance of the ladder/cave affair was a building with a working portal. Crap i walked all over the desert area 5 or 6 map blocks for seemed like 40 days and 40 nights in the desert only to discover i could have left in 10 minutes if i'd gone west not east.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Allorman wrote:You need a specific key to open that gate, I think it's called an Odd Key or Flat Key or some such thing and it's a grayish hue.

Without that key you cannot exit through the eastern gates, unfortunately. There are other means of passage to and from Carakmir, however.
Actually I think it is called (wait for it) .. 'The Gate Key'. And there are at last two other ways of getting in .. one of them is available really early.