I feel these needs fixing for next patch

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

What you're suggesting would mean implementing AI generated pathfinding, which might be a teensy bit more complicated than you're implying.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Flying Mage
Pledge

Post by Flying Mage »

Maybe. I'm not proficient with this terms and make this suggestion as user of product, not developer. But obviously NPC's using some kind of pathfinding and it can be attached to PC somehow.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

leonhartt wrote:The max resolution for this game is at 800x600. So the other higher resolutions are unavailable.

Ya, it's true that right now you can't stack up the same spell scrolls up like the way potions of the same type do. Maybe we'll see it in the future?
But there's no point stacking scrolls, since you only ever need 0 or 1 of them. It's not like D&D where you cast from the scroll, you just use the scroll as a one-time-learn device (why it vanishes after that, and books don't, is left as a mystery for the reader).
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

So that you can't sell it back to the shop after you've learned the spell!
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Hmm, what i was suggesting was that additonal spell scrolls can be stacked up like "empty-potion-bottles" so that they don't take up inventory spaces on their own.

It's more of a "saving-inventory-space" extra feature rather than a broken thing to fix. It's not really urgent or compulosory. :)
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

PhilosophiX wrote:So that you can't sell it back to the shop after you've learned the spell!
And this is implemented for skill books how, exactly?
My point was that it is inconsistent - scrolls vanish, books don't.

Ok, yeah, I know .. 'magic is different'. But actually they're not magic scrolls, just spell descriptions. Books don't stack either (if you ever had two the same).